aberdeen-music

Game of Thrones TV Pace (no book spoilers)

Captain America

Brilliant episode this week, probably my favourite of the season so far. 

And one huge piece of information revealed, Baelish was behing the murder of John Arryn!!! The way the information was just blurted out felt a little forced and the only off moment of the episode but I'll overlook that. Suddenly Littlefinger's scheming is on a whole other level, he was behind events which triggered so much of what's happened during the entire show. Think back to his speech about chaos being a ladder, it has extra significance now.

Edited by Paranoid Android

Brilliant episode this week, probably my favourite of the season so far. 

And one huge piece of information revealed, Baelish was behing the murder of John Arryn!!! The way the information was just blurted out felt a little forced and the only off moment of the episode but I'll overlook that. Suddenly Littlefinger's scheming is on a whole other level, he was behind events which triggered so much of what's happened during the entire show. Think back to his speech about chaos being a ladder, it has extra significance now.

Hey, fucknuckle, no spoilers before It is aired in the UK.

It's Monday, everyone know's the new episode is out by now and should stay out of the thread until they've seen it.

It's on TV here tonight, people might want to read last episodes chat. Wouldn't take much for you to drop spoiler tags on it. I could always just drop some Dance with dragons chat though to even it out ;)

• Upvote 2

I stayed out of this thread all day yesterday because I didn't want to spoil the episode for myself.  I assumed people would post at US pace seeing as some people are in Poland and will see it earlier than us on Sky.

Good episode.  Enjoyed the Jon Snow bit a lot but I kinda want an episode entirely of the two odd couples.  They are just such entertainment!

The rabbit scene was fucking great.

It was a good episode, but in places it felt too much like a 'setting up for next week' episode. Especially with Danaerys and Cersei/Tywin/Oberyn. I want more scenes with Margaery and Cersei though, watching them tread on eggshells whilst trying to play each other is brilliant. 

Interesting that they revealed the full-scale of Littlefinger's scheming last night. It did seem quite rushed though, it was a Red Wedding moment for me when I read it and it just didn't have the same impact last night. 

Lysa Arryn is a fucking terrible person. Absolutely horrible. That is some commitment from Petyr/Aiden Gillen in their scenes together.

Of course, A+++ to all scenes involving Arya and The Hound, but also Brienne and Pod. I hope for good things for Pod, he's such a decent wee guy. 

Oh, and thank fuck Brandor snapped that cunt Locke's neck. I was getting a bit anxious about how that would play out. Poor Hodor though :( Glad all those rapist bastards got their comeuppance too. Especially Karl (no matter how brilliant his portrayal was).Great revenge stab from one of Craster's ex-wives then a sword right through his mouth. Magic.

Edited by KarmaTsunami

I feel so bad for Hodor. Last week it was him getting speared in the leg, and this week it was his horror at realising he was technically responsible for killing Locke. I think it's because he's the only real innocently-good character in the whole show. Seeing him getting messed with is discomforting.

• Upvote 1

Who was the boy that scouted the camp before they attacked it?  Why did he want Bran?  I must've missed it.

He's the guy who chopped Jamie's hand off and is pally with the Boltons. He was sent to find and capture the Stark boys because their existence weakens Bolton's position in the north. He did a piss poor job of it though. Surprisingly so.

He's the guy who chopped Jamie's hand off and is pally with the Boltons. He was sent to find and capture the Stark boys because their existence weakens Bolton's position in the north. He did a piss poor job of it though. Surprisingly so.

Right enough!  Cheers. 

There are an AWFUL LOT of characters, it can be hard to keep up sometimes. 

My one complaint about the show as a whole is the 10 episode seasons.  It does make me super excited for every episode but it also feels like i'm just getting the bullet points of the story rather than the depth i'm sure is in the books.

With the amount of story you could double the number of episodes at this point.  I understand to begin with it was a money thing but this must be one of the highest grossing shows now.  Even a 12/14 episode season would be fine.

WARNING - VERY MINOR BOOK CHAT IN RESPONSE TO CAPTAIN AMERICA

Problem is, the way the books are written is that each chapter is a different character's POV, so some of the more in-depth stuff would be quite tricky to portray on-screen. I think it's why they're shortening character arcs (Sansa doesn't get to the Vale that quickly, for example) and introducing non-book events like Bran's brief kidnapping and the wee fight at Craster's between the Watch and the Mutineers.

On topic though, more episodes would be good but I think it would probably up the exposition quotient by a fair bit. There's still LOADS of characters to be introduced so maybe by bullet-pointing the action it makes it easier for the more causal audience member to keep track of what's going on?

Mondays don't get much better than having a day off work and excellent episodes of Game of Thrones and Mad Men to watch.

This season of Game of Thrones could easily end up being my favourite, it's been utterly brilliant so far.

**Spoilers ahead if you haven't seen this week's episode**

It was great to see a council meeting again, I always love those scenes. Lots of Vaerys in this episode too which was very welcome.

The final scene is obviously the big moment from this episode and Tyrion demanding a trial by combat already has me desperate for it to be next monday as soon as possible. I think we have to assume that he will again choose a champion to fight in his place. My bet is that he will first name Bron who it seems obvious has sold out to Cersei and / or Tywin but I'm not sure Tyrion has got that yet. So assuming Bron will not fight for him he will then ask Jamie who will then be in a very awkward position. 

Mondays don't get much better than having a day off work and excellent episodes of Game of Thrones and Mad Men to watch.

This season of Game of Thrones could easily end up being my favourite, it's been utterly brilliant so far.

It was great to see a council meeting again, I always love those scenes. Lots of Vaerys in this episode too which was very welcome.

The final scene is obviously the big moment from this episode and Tyrion demanding a trial by combat already has me desperate for it to be next monday as soon as possible. I think we have to assume that he will again choose a champion to fight in his place. My bet is that he will first name Bron who it seems obvious has sold out to Cersei and / or Tywin but I'm not sure Tyrion has got that yet. So assuming Bron will not fight for him he will then ask Jamie who will then be in a very awkward position.

Spoiler tags you shitting cock-end.

TV spoilers (to keep the fizzers happy):-

I agree -- another top episode.

I've been thinking about the respective champions for a couple of hours. There'd be reluctance from Bronn and Jaime to represent either party, although I wouldn't be surprised if Tyrion chose either (or at least tried to). Then I got to thinking, "who's the one guy that Tyrion could pick who would definitely, without question fight the guy Tywin picks?" Tywin picks The Mountain, Tyrion pics Oberyn. That's my theory, anyway. We already know that Oberyn is driven by revenge against Clegane, so here's his chance. And it'd be an absolute peach of a fight.

Edited by Murrr