aberdeen-music

Game of Thrones TV Pace (no book spoilers)

Captain America

There's more than one "king" in the show but I assume it was this guy? I'm sure he's from your part of Poland.

Spoilered for size

8da7f5bccf047a6e9765cfff64c0318d.jpg

That's the man your honour. Apparently he's at Uni in Poland. He was just sitting outside the pub having a pint and a group of passing tourists ran up and asked him for a photo. He was smiling and all but I imagine that gets quite annoying.

I don't know what you're all moaning about they're just reminding everyone that she exists and is doing stuff.  She hardly takes up more than 5 minutes a week.  And dragons.

That asshole north of the wall is a pretty good baddie though eh.  I hope he gets his face eaten off by a direwolf.  Or two direwolves.

Seriously how old is Tommen meant to be?  Marjaray is going to tap that.  Lucky sod.

It was nice to see all the slave owners getting nailed up at the end. Justice. That said, I can cope without more of the same for a couple of weeks.

The goings-on up north are all interesting with the wildlings doing some high class raiding and parent eating while Bran's crew getting caught is going to accidently bring them to his half brother. That's going to be fun when it all kicks off.

Really class episode last night but I still can't get over how goofy the White Walkers look. With today's CGI/make-up/whatever, could they not have made them look a bit, uhhh, scary?

Jon Snow is really growing on me now that he's growing into some kind of leadership role. I'm not sure I want him to kill Karl, though -- his actor was fantastic last night, inc. drinking wine from Mormont's skull. Tremendous stuff.

Poor Hodor. :(

I'd also like them to give the dragon storyline a break for a week or two. It looks like the shit's about to hit the fan elsewhere.

That bit at the end was a big surprise, even for book readers. That character is only hinted at by Martin, and even then in the surrounding 'lore'. On another note, and without spoiling it,  I wish they'd stop adding sexual assault in just for the the shock and awe value (if it ain't in the books for any purpose then including it in the show is just gratuitous - HBO can throw in all the full-frontal consensual sex they want, there's tonnes of it in the books, but rape is generally mentioned as something perpetrated and rarely 'happens' in the there and then in the books) and hope the remaining episodes manage without it now. 

But enough book chat, that was a decent episode even if it did try to cram a bit much in. I'm interested to see how some of the changes they've made pan out over the next few episodes, in particular Sansa and Petry and Margaery's race for the throne. The Queen of Thorns is still the best character, but I'm hoping for some more Tywin next week too. Arya and The Hound will be back and all! Best partnership on the show.

That bit at the end was a big surprise, even for book readers. That character is only hinted at by Martin, and even then in the surrounding 'lore'. On another note, and without spoiling it,  I wish they'd stop adding sexual assault in just for the the shock and awe value (if it ain't in the books for any purpose then including it in the show is just gratuitous - HBO can throw in all the full-frontal consensual sex they want, there's tonnes of it in the books, but rape is generally mentioned as something perpetrated and rarely 'happens' in the there and then in the books) and hope the remaining episodes manage without it now. 

But enough book chat, that was a decent episode even if it did try to cram a bit much in. I'm interested to see how some of the changes they've made pan out over the next few episodes, in particular Sansa and Petry and Margaery's race for the throne. The Queen of Thorns is still the best character, but I'm hoping for some more Tywin next week too. Arya and The Hound will be back and all! Best partnership on the show.

All I got during the whole thing at Craster's place is "That didn't happen in the books", "Why have they included this", "I really don't understand why they are doing that". I suppose it's my own fault for giving my wife the audio books to listen to.

WHAT DO I THINK OF THE BOOKS?

angry-mob.jpg

Edited by Paranoid Android

The director has come out and said the "rape" of Cercei wasn't rape it was just poor direction that didn't make it clear enough that she was confused but did "want it" (so to speak).

I read that too. I thought it was ridiculous to say that, he's shown himself to be a terrible director if his intention was to show consensual sex because what happened on screen was clearly rape and it will always be that way in viewer's minds.

Yeah keep that book stuff outta here.

God the discussion of that scene has been going on for 3 weeks in another forum I'm on. I get what some people are saying but he needed to make the actual pumping part so much more obviously consensual rather than a cut away at the end.

It was rape. There was nothing consensual about what the viewers saw. I'm with Paranoid on that. Anyone who watched that and thought it was remotely consensual can go burn in a fire. I'm sure Melisandre could help you out.

As to my book chat - there were no spoilers! I was just pointing out differences, especially since the last episode was the most 'off book' episode yet. I'm really glad they're doing it because it makes it much more exciting and less predictable.

Slutbags - that was a poorly constructed sentence. I meant Margaery's race for the throne. Highgarden/The Tyrell's will still be looking to consolidate their alliance with the Lannisters which Tywin is obviously all for. 

As to my book chat - there were no spoilers! I was just pointing out differences, especially since the last episode was the most 'off book' episode yet. I'm really glad they're doing it because it makes it much more exciting and less predictable.

This is the point we tried to make at the start of the thread though and maybe it's hard to understand when you are coming from the angle of someone who has read the books. I don't want to hear about the differences between the two. Not now anyway. Once it's all finished in the future I could find it interesting but for the moment I don't want that conversation as part of my experience of the show. It partly comes from another forum where it became clear that a zero tolerance policy was the only way forward. Any book mentions whatsoever lead into dangerous territory and risk spoilers, even if they are just small ones. 

I'm obviously not going to read that article but when it comes to ages I remember reading right back in season 1 that a lot of the main child characters are older in tv show. For the better I'd say. I'd have never bought Rob Stark being a little pubescent King of the North taking on the Lannisters.