aberdeen-music

Game of Thrones TV Pace (no book spoilers)

Captain America

Separate thread so we can discuss the current Game of Thrones TV series without taking up the whole TV series thread.

Not sure whether we should use spoilers as we can just keep this thread to TV pace so if you've not seen the new episode don't read the thread.

I'll spoiler the first discussion of the last episode encase anyone reads this before they watch the new episode.

So who killed Joff?  I think it might have been Olenna.  She asked Sansa about him and she's probably trying to save Margaray from that same fate.  

The wine also came from her table.

Good job starting the thread. And I fully agree, there is no no need for spoilers for tv episodes. Don't enter if you haven't seen the latest episode.

Book chat should just be kept out of here completely. Start a thread in the book forum if you want to chat about them. No talking about differences between the show and the books, no comments hinting at when something big will happen, just no books. People here are generally good about this stuff but the Game of Thrones thread on another forum has been ruined by book readers.

So, yeah, don't keep reading if you haven't seen the latest episode.

I think Olenna was involved but I think Sansa was too. The reappearance of the fool has to be significant.

She's despised him since season 1 and has proven clever about how to act in public. She's probably able to act undetected than others just because most consider her so weak.

I wonder whether Tyrion being held as guilty is something that will last the whole season or he'll be able to convince others of his innocence sooner. My guess would be Cersei will continue to blame him but Tywin let him free soon.

I wonder whether Tyrion being held as guilty is something that will last the whole season or he'll be able to convince others of his innocence sooner. My guess would be Cersei will continue to blame him but Tywin let him free soon.

Was just about to say this.  With Jamie being a bit useless now he needs Tyrion and he knows it.

Who is Queen/King now?  Margaray was married when he died so is she Queen still?  Can you rule as Queen in Westeros? 

I'm not sure but I'm assuming it will pass to Joffrey's younger brother, who would obviously only be a puppet ruler and under the influence of Cersei and Tywin. I could see a lot of conflict between those two coming up. 

I don't think Margery will have any real power.

Edited by Paranoid Android

The wedding was great TV. Was it the pie or the wine that got Joff? Did anyone else scarf any before his eyes popped out? Just that I remember there being a weird handycam looking shot after Joffrey sliced the pie zooming in on a bird that got sliced up. Maybe that was just to highlight his cruelty one last time though.

Edited by Old Gold

My only reservation with the idea of Sansa is that it was very 'lucky' that the cup was kicked and rolled over to where she was. So couldn't have been pre-planned too easily given that happened. 

I thought it was something to do with the pie as well. I haven't watched it again yet though to see if anyone else ate any of it before he croaked. First thought was Olenna as well.

I thought it was clearly Sansa, and couldn't believe when folk at work were treating it like a whodunnit. Reading some of the theories on here has made me re-think though, and I may have jumped the gun... but my money would still be on her.

Although it's convenient the cup rolled over to her, it could be that she was always planning something similar but seen that as her chance and grabbed it. And why would The Fool feel the need to whisk her away if it wasn't her? I thought that bit was to show that Sansa and the Fool had concocted a plan after their meeting in the first episode. Also, Sansa saved The Fool from a death by wine at the hands of Joffrey, so it would make sense in a literary foreboding kinda way if they turned the tables on him. She obviously isn't lacking in motives either.

It clearly wasn't Tyrion, he's too smart to get caught seemingly red-handed. Olenna is a possible shout though, she seems too wise to be a happy clapper whilst her daughter marries a cunt such as Joffrey.

Great show, ken.

When the cup rolled over to Sansa and she passed it to Tyrion, Joffery drank from it, then they cut the pie. If Sansa had poisoned the cup, he would have croaked it before or just after cutting the pie, not after Tyrion gave him the cup after him eating the pie. Also the cup was on the same table Olenna was sat at, while Sansa and Tyrion were over the other side of the platform.

Hasn't Winterfell been given to the Boltons now though? Does Sansa still really hold any power in the north?

I really enjoyed the latest episode, those which cover a large number of story lines sometimes feel like little happens but that wasn't the case with this one. Not sure about Jamie raping Cersei though, maybe they did it to remind people that he's actually a dickhead after he became more sympathetic lately.