aberdeen-music

AC/DC retiring?

Lemonade

Seen an awful lot of rumours online today that they're about to announce their retirement due to a member being seriously ill. Nothing confirmed yet and no official statement so may well be bullshit but no smoke without fire as they say. Sad if true. The first band I ever saw live and I listened to them a lot as a teenager.

Yes, the rumour I've heard is that they have an agreement not to play together if any of them decides they can't do it anymore and Malcolm Young had a stroke a few months ago which means he hasn't yet regained full control for playing - they reconvened last week, and he may never gain enough control to play.

• Upvote 1

If it's true then it's sad for him as a person, but I don't think AC/DC retiring is that big a deal. I like them a lot but I can't say that anything they've released since Thunderstruck has been great.

As far as not playing together if one of them can't do it - pretty sure they've toured without Malcolm before, maybe a couple of times?

Not retiring, but taking a break according to BJ- though he has confirmed the illness.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/apr/16/acdc-not-retiring-brian-johnson

"one of the boys has a debilitating illness, but I don't want to say too much about it. He is very proud and private, a wonderful chap. We've been pals for 35 years and I look up to him very much."