aberdeen-music

Live at Captain Toms

I thought I was decent. Most of the bands weren't really my kinda thing but it was ace to have a live music show on a Saturday morning again. Even better it's a local affair.

I do see where ca_gere is coming from with the hard rocking/metal concerns as the first couple of lineups look pretty rawkin'!

I do however have faith in Toms support for music of all genres and I'm sure more niche genres won't be overlooked in upcoming shows.

Looking forward to the next one!

eh-up.

i enjoyed it a lot, mostly for the funnies. the audio/video was well slick- for a live stream, mair power to them. most of the bands were gash for my tastes- but they all sounded like themselves. the interview with jablonski was the high point for me, just hilarious. (and yes I realise his drummer died- that's sad, but the band are still pub rock shite.)

production wise, great stuff- Ironside - who I like to call beardy boy fae one day removals was great, the faux american chick was a bit grating- but thats probs just me.

guid fun. guid entertainment.

better bands would make it better though eh?

too much shit pub rock metal as far as I can see- but that's pretty much the label's remit.

I enjoyed it though.

xxx

• Upvote 1

I heard zero american accent in the presenter's voice I have to say. I know you're just fishing for a reaction in most cases but im genuinely interested in how you could perceive her voice as american? I remember at school anyone without a broad accent was slagged off for being either posh or trying to sound american without any real reason so maybe thats what's going on. In which case, guid craic min eh?

• 1 month later...