aberdeen-music

Best/worst way you've left a job?

ca_gere

Currently debating leaving the tandoori again. Currently being constantly being told I'm not needed an hour before I start which is really unfair. And their using an ex druggie instead just as he can drive too. So since he's working me and my mates hours have been reduced plus so have the drivers.

We've came up with the idea which we will present too him that if he don't give 8 hours notice atleast we expect to be paid. The same will work for us that if we don't give 8 hours notice we work free next time were in. Which I think is fair both ways.

If he doesn't like it 3 of us are leaving.

Should probably just leave. If he's favouring someone else, it probably means they are more suitable than you.

If an employer treats you like shite, he's probably not going to wise up and start treating you with respect because of this idea.

Aye, no offence intended when I say this but they can probably find any young person to work for them fairly easily; they aren't likely to give a shit if it's you or somebody else (hopefully somebody else that won't complain from their perspective). Quit and do something else, if there's a McDonalds near you try for a job there, at least then you'll have formal terms of pay and structured hours.

Alternatively, demand a wage from the management committee that you're part of, bitch slap the nearest colleague and delcare it to be your own.

Let's not judge the employer without hearing his side of the story. 

It's entirely possible that moon moon is an absolute shambles of an employee who they have been doing their best to help for a long time. 

Most likely actually.

I agree but it's probably a bit of both. Moon Moon certainly isn't the brightest object in the night sky.

The junkie used to work here before. He always came in high quite a lot and fucked a lot up. He got sacked in the end and I don't know why or how he's even working again. In regard to suitability I personally think I'm doing the job well. I try my hardest when it's busy. This guy fucked up orders and that but only advantage he has is that he speaks their language and he drives.

The junkie used to work here before. He always came in high quite a lot and fucked a lot up. He got sacked in the end and I don't know why or how he's even working again. In regard to suitability I personally think I'm doing the job well. I try my hardest when it's busy. This guy fucked up orders and that but only advantage he has is that he speaks their language and he drives.

That's a pretty good skill to have, is your job in the tandoori worth learning their native tongue as well? Probably not. Get yer McDonalds application oot.

I used to work at a Hotel near Mintlaw at weekends. Doing odd jobs, painting, fixing, building fences, occasional bar shift if they needed me. Typically I'd let the boss know through the week if I was gonna be turning up on a Saturday or Sunday and it was fairly flexible. One weekend I had a gig on the Friday and planned to go to work on the Saturday. Ended up spending all night drinking/partying so by the time 6am rolled around and I was thinking about getting into the car and driving to work, I thought better and called in to say I'd be out on Sunday instead. I was also trying to fuck one of the lassies among the group of us, so decided to stick at it. Then we spent all/most of the day Saturday drinking/partying so when 6am Sunday rolled around I sent the boss a text saying I wouldn't be back. I did eventually hook up with the lassie, though. So I think I made the right choice.

xx

I used to work at a Hotel near Mintlaw at weekends. Doing odd jobs, painting, fixing, building fences, occasional bar shift if they needed me. Typically I'd let the boss know through the week if I was gonna be turning up on a Saturday or Sunday and it was fairly flexible. One weekend I had a gig on the Friday and planned to go to work on the Saturday. Ended up spending all night drinking/partying so by the time 6am rolled around and I was thinking about getting into the car and driving to work, I thought better and called in to say I'd be out on Sunday instead. I was also trying to fuck one of the lassies among the group of us, so decided to stick at it. Then we spent all/most of the day Saturday drinking/partying so when 6am Sunday rolled around I sent the boss a text saying I wouldn't be back. I did eventually hook up with the lassie, though. So I think I made the right choice.

xx

#MEGA LADZ

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So - are you from out Mintlaw way?  Don't worry, I have zero connections to Saplin Brae, so you fucking them around makes no difference to my life.  I was just curious!

I'm fae Peturheeeeeeed originally. My old man was friends with the guy who owned the Saplin at the time.

Ah, that's cool then. I thought you were gonna tell me the boss was another one of your school mates!

xx