aberdeen-music

Best/worst way you've left a job?

ca_gere

I worked one summer in Burger King in Altens. A bloody horrible place run by people who had no concept of treating people as humans. One assistant manager was fine though - his contempt for the place was so huge that nightshift with him usually turned into a game of how much we could piss off the customers. Our usual game was to get the order spectacularly wrong, then he would give me a "bollocking" right in front of the customer. They'd often end up apologising to me because I got such a bollocking :) I remember that he once ordered me to "go to the office and wait there". Of course, once he fixed the problem, he came into the office - and we were in fits laughing at his choice in language.

It was however fantastic for overtime - I was racking up ridiculous hours a week without any problems. I walked out with nearly 3000 pounds for not even 9 weeks work. But when the time came, I wrote "I QUIT" with my name on an old newspaper and stuck it up in the office. I got a phone call the next day from the Dundonian tosser of an assistant manager demanding that I come in. I told him to piss off, and he replied with "you'll be disciplined!!!" in a hysterical voice. I told him (again) to piss off, and he gave me the incredibly patronising speech about how I'll receive a disciplinary letter in the post and how I'll have to come for a meeting about my conduct and so on. To this day, I don't think he quite understood that unlike him, Burger King wasn't my life.

• Upvote 2

Nah basically the boss was in a bad mood and when I was packing he had something bad to say about everything.

First he moaned the bag wasn't tied in the middle (which is ridiculous) then moaned the back was too heavy and would break. He then proceeded to empty the full bag I packed of 12 boxes to put it in 2 when he could've doubled it with 2 bags.

In the end I stepped away and let him do it as everything I did he moaned. I stepped away and talked to one of the drivers. He then shouted at me to come pack the back again and I politely asked him not to shout at me. He then just told me to go home.

What a dick!