aberdeen-music

Best/worst way you've left a job?

ca_gere

The thing is, I did deliver a lot of the leaflets but it's a boring job with shit pay and shit hours. Anyway people hate getting leaflets

What about the times you just went back to your mates and played FIFA?

Doesn't sound like a lot of leaflets got delivered those days.

Your story is leakier than Oscar Pistorius's...............

Edited by colb

What about the times you just went back to your mates and played FIFA?

Doesn't sound like a lot of leaflets got delivered those days.

Your story is leakier than Oscar Pistorius's...............

yeh one night we may deliver leaflets and dump a few in the local drain. Others we deliver a few and play FIFA.

Once bolted from an office after just two weeks, realising it was one of the most godless excuses for a job ever. Gave no notice and simply didn't bother going in the following week. Three days, and several angry e-mails later, I effectively told them I couldn't be hooped. I did leave a brand new expensive mug in the kitchen though, which was annoying.

Pretty sure everyone's fantasized about doing the big 'fuck off speech', very nearly did this once to an unfathomable old bat who was the worst boss you could imagine, but bottled it...

• 4 weeks later...

I worked at a weather station in altens once upon a moon. I hated the place, I prefered to get stoned back then so my excuses for not working varied. On this occasion I had genuinely woken up with a trapped nerve and was finding it hard to move about. So of course I phone in sick telling them the crack. But somewhere through translation the reason became twisted and I rolled into work the next day with EVERYONE gawking at me. The boss called me into the office and proceeded to explain that I had phoned in sick with a broken spine. The type of broken spine that doesn't fix in a day!! Two weeks later I was made redundant.

I worked at a weather station in altens once upon a moon. I hated the place, I prefered to get stoned back then so my excuses for not working varied. On this occasion I had genuinely woken up with a trapped nerve and was finding it hard to move about. So of course I phone in sick telling them the crack. But somewhere through translation the reason became twisted and I rolled into work the next day with EVERYONE gawking at me. The boss called me into the office and proceeded to explain that I had phoned in sick with a broken spine. The type of broken spine that doesn't fix in a day!! Two weeks later I was made redundant.

I worked in the same place and my Leaving was more exciting.... I was doing a 12hr night shift and it was a draaaaaaaaag.... So i decided to email everyone within the company and tell them what a shite arsed place it was to work...They were all racist cunts and i wouldn't be going back. . .I also named a few names and there racist comments.... They were all South africans and thought  telling us all story's of there nigger gardners, nigger housekeepers, and nigger abuse stories as funny or as an every day thing...... I found it very very uncomfortable.....

They continually phoned me everyday for a fortnight asking if i was absolutely sure i didn't want to go back. 

• 3 weeks later...

Currently debating leaving the tandoori again. Currently being constantly being told I'm not needed an hour before I start which is really unfair. And their using an ex druggie instead just as he can drive too. So since he's working me and my mates hours have been reduced plus so have the drivers.

We've came up with the idea which we will present too him that if he don't give 8 hours notice atleast we expect to be paid. The same will work for us that if we don't give 8 hours notice we work free next time were in. Which I think is fair both ways.

If he doesn't like it 3 of us are leaving.