aberdeen-music

Tips for organising a wedding

Lemonade

I can thoroughly recommend Velvet Five, they played at my cousins wedding and did a bit of everything.

Haha no wedding for a good while, it's odd enough saying "engaged". Funnily, to another forum member!

Is it Jake? If it's Jake then I think we can just all leave the internet, it's done.  

• 1 month later...

I need to book a band soon but a bit torn. I really love a celidh but I've been to so many weddings where the celidh band have struggled to get a dozen people up on the floor during their set. Then as soon as they finish and the Macarena comes on the whole place is bouncing. People seem oddly resistant to join in a celidh dance, unless they're specifically at a celidh.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Jumping in, but which city centre venues would people recommend for a reception?  

I've asked my chums band to play, since they cover all the bands we like and they are all lovely guys.  There would be oldies attending, so need somewhere easily accessible. If you've been to any receptions that had a good atmosphere/layout, let me know :)