aberdeen-music

Spaces for Recording

Hi everyone,

I have some thoughts about doing some recording for Seas, Starry and I'm looking for a space where I could record the entire band playing, and get a good drum sound. Unfortunately, our practice space isn't great for recording drums, and is a little small, so guitars bleeding into microphones would be a problem.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Das McManus recorded in Musical Vision and I'm happy where that turned out, but I am wary of perhaps booking a lot of time there if the results are not as successful, since Seas are quite a different proposition to record than Das.

Cheers guys

xoxoxo

Hi everyone,

I have some thoughts about doing some recording for Seas, Starry and I'm looking for a space where I could record the entire band playing, and get a good drum sound. Unfortunately, our practice space isn't great for recording drums, and is a little small, so guitars bleeding into microphones would be a problem.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Das McManus recorded in Musical Vision and I'm happy where that turned out, but I am wary of perhaps booking a lot of time there if the results are not as successful, since Seas are quite a different proposition to record than Das.

Cheers guys

xoxoxo

Jan, would it not be worth trying to hire a community hall somewhere? You would get most drums down in a night/day and the tall ceilings would work in some older halls certainly with the Seas Starry sound.

Jan, would it not be worth trying to hire a community hall somewhere? You would get most drums down in a night/day and the tall ceilings would work in some older halls certainly with the Seas Starry sound.

Would also be really cheap compared to a studio space and you could get a nice, long block of a few hours.

xx