aberdeen-music

You should go see this band on Friday

On Friday I am bringing some of the most exciting acts I've ever booked to Tunnels.

Machines in Heaven play sometimes sad, sometimes beautiful, sometimes funky electro, and just won best electro at the SAMA awards. They've also been all over the papers, radio, and the internet in the build up to the release of their new album,  bordersbreakdown. Here are some words that are better than mine:

'Never mind dubstep, this is dreamstep - an unhinged and inventive album to be loved and treasured, not just admired, and one of the finest to come out of Glasgow in many a year' 
The Glasgow Herald

"The likely bet to follow Chvrches as Glasgow's new synthpop heroes" - Billboard Magazine.

"Deserves your attention.. amazing!" Ally McCrae - BBC Radio 1.

"Beeps, bliss & trippy elements combined in multi-layered skill." Elaine O' Connor - writer for 'DiS'

A song is here. The whole thing is very errors-y, with a lot of debt to Miaoux Miaoux and Chvrches at moments, too.

https://soundcloud.com/machinesinheaven/machines-in-heaven-mumbo

Speaking of Errors, I'm bringing up James from Errors (Infant Telethon) who'll be supporting, and Fiona Soe Paing. James solo stuff is very RnB influenced and funky. Fiona is just insane visual, nightmarish soundscapes but with a sort of ethereal beauty to them. All links to music are in the event page below.

https://www.facebook.com/events/211142812427342/?fref=ts

Hope to see some of you there!