aberdeen-music

The Deportees: Acoustic Sessions

Adam Easy Wishes

Back to "North" for capn' slow here :),

I like the musicianship on this tune, something about it made me think of Leonard Cohen, so I think you're hitting the spot, nice piano synth, and lovely slide lap guitar too.

OK, on to "Lessen The Load" now, a nice upbeat acoustic riff, gives a good sence of movement and cheers the melody, and a lovely sentimental counter point I hear on the slide, A cool breakdown before bury you comes back to remind us for another round with nice countering vocal lines and layers, before a gentle ending.

Realy quite good for an "in the room together" recording,

Well played.

Edited by Lyin Ryan
  • Upvote 1

Lessen the Load is really easy on the ears, and again, I think the arrangement is near flawless. It's very...knowing. I always know I like something about a song when I feel a tinge of envy, and I am definitely envious of your collective and individual abilities to sing and project your voices harmoniously.

Calf is the song I like the least of the three, as the tune just doesn't grab me and doesn't really go where I want it to or expect it to. On first listen, there's something a little too linear about it compared to the other two songs. The musicianship is pretty braw, though. You guys can fucking play.

Edited by Eupraxia
  • Upvote 1