aberdeen-music

Footballers

ca_gere

I can't believe people are saying Toni Kombouare was a great player.

He was an absolute bombscare and slower than treacle.

Grim times.

Nigel Pepper was another hilariously bad signing, oh to think of the money the Dons have frittered away over the years....

Ilian Kiriakov

Tzanko Tzevetanov

Colin Woodthorpe

Brian O'Neil (one of the worst players I've ever seen in a Dons top, and we pished 800k away on him).

Ray McKinnon (shudder).

I'll stop now, I'm getting nightmares whilst awake.

Who was the guy from a couple of seasons ago that scored that peach against United? He was a fine player, was gutted we didnt keep him for longer. Bisconte was a fine player as well, completely mad, but we needed that.

Anyone remember Belabed (?) i think he is in jail now, loved an overhead kick.

Some players are only fantastic at certain clubs obviously depending on the style of football the club plays.. Torres is still a fantastic player.. Id imagine if he went to athletico madrid again he would be flying.. Too much money in football and apart from anything else the huge price tags quite often kills players

I mentioned him in a post just a few days ago. When he was with us I was convinced he had the ability to be amazing but perhaps I was just won over by the show off things he'd do once in a while.

I was also convinced Rasheed would go onto be a top player for us, was always gutted he never pushed on, but clearly the guy was a bit unhinged. 

That Celtic game with Hignett is one of my favourite ever dons games. If I remember right that was only the second game of the season and we'd won at dens the week before, a game I'd also gone to. Everything seemed so promising then but quickly went downhill. 

Speaking of going downhill, who remembers the season we were second at christmas and Dodds and Windass were the top scorers in all of Britain and then we just didn't win again for the rest of the season. We were immense at times in the first half of the season. What year was that?

Edited by Paranoid Android

Must have been 96-97

Classic video here http://www.afc.co.uk/page/TV/MemorableMatchesDetail/0,,10284~2080038,00.html (if you have red tv)

Aberdeen are the highest scoring team in Britain, there's a home debut goal from that man Kombouare, some "great play from Kiriakov" and even a little musical clip of "How Bizarre". What more could you want?

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Upvote 1

Kiriakov keeps cropping up but I don't remember him being that bad?  Especially when he first signed for us, obviously contracting Hepatitis hampered his performances later on though.

Still some utter shit being mentioned aside from him.

Who was the youth player who started the first two games in a season, must have been about 96? Scored a screamer in each game then did nothing of note in a red shirt again. Ended up dropping down the divisions I think. Might have been Hugh Robertson now I think about about it...

Have a look through some of the former squads here

http://www.afcheritage.org/Team/CurrentSquad/index.cfm

Kiriakov keeps cropping up but I don't remember him being that bad?  Especially when he first signed for us, obviously contracting Hepatitis hampered his performances later on though.

He was good at first. He played in the 94 world cup and 96 euros in decent Bulgaria squads, he was no mug. 300k or whatever was not a big waste at the time.

He was good at first. He played in the 94 world cup and 96 euros in decent Bulgaria squads, he was no mug. 300k or whatever was not a big waste at the time.

We signed him on the back of him snuffing out Gascoigne in Europe.

He looked pretty good in the world cup for Bulgaria that summer too.

Don't get me wrong I liked the guy and wanted him to do well, he just wasn't much of an athlete and was blootered pretty much every night. He was getting monster wages too.