aberdeen-music

Best/worst music in Aberdeen right now

ca_gere

Miss Lucid are playing with London trio, Bleech, on the 26th of April at The Tunnels. All you ML lovers should get down early, don't forget your sunglasses

Can't tell if serious or taking the piss...

Based on what? One night of you playing a gig with them? 

You need to settle down Milner. It was clearly a joke, playing on the earlier posts about Miss Lucid, same as Nefarious C and slinkmasif did.

So dry your eyes and get on your high horse with someone else please.

Why, do you think they are lying about playing with Bleech? 

No, just think Kev's maybe nae targetting the right market as a big chunk of this thread is trashing ML. Not that I have any issue with them of course, perfectly lovely when they played at Cellar for us!

I dont think i made that post to yourself, not sure why you neg repped me for it. Col has, on several occasions, had a go at them, i dont think its unfair to assume he was having another go, but i see he was making a funny joke instead. 

Its surprising you found them as lovely, considering how horrible they really are as people, did they wear sunglasses in Cellar 35? 

I dont think i made that post to yourself, not sure why you neg repped me for it. Col has, on several occasions, had a go at them, i dont think its unfair to assume he was having another go, but i see he was making a funny joke instead. 

Its surprising you found them as lovely, considering how horrible they really are as people, did they wear sunglasses in Cellar 35? 

I don't think i've ever had a go at Miss Lucid - I said that when they played a night that Flights and I put on, some of them sat through the back of the gig wearing sunglasses rather than watching the other bands, and that might be a reason for some people to dislike them - but I made no judgement about it myself.

Earlier in the thread I included them in a list of bands that I don't really like in terms of the music they make - and I was clear about that being a personal music preference.

Saying wouldn't put it past them - in response to your post, isn't having a go either. Unless you're being massively oversensitive.

It's clear that you've got an issue here, but it isn't with me.

• Upvote 1

Yer being affy touchy, loon. No, they were perfectly fine. Heard plenty of stories, but I personally haven't had any negative experiences and I get along with Kev pretty well.

Edited by Guest

Ha! Rory and his Mum are in the office I'm in just now, buying stock off my Dad! He's just had his first kid and is moving back up here, so I'm not really sure if STK are a priority for a while. Here's hoping, though!

I'm really digging Fiona Soe Paing, booked her for the 21st[plug]. She's from Turriff, makes really weird, dissonant, skeletal electro, and has a full multimedia show behind her. You might end up really liking her, Jan, worth checking out!

I've heard good things about Fiona, but on the 21st I have a prior engagement unfortunately. I will have a look for her stuff online.

She did a gig at Woodend Barn last week. Really brilliant with a fucking amazing video show accompanying the music. Seriously good stuff.

Incidentally the second act (Dead Hand) that night was one of the worst things I've seen for years. Bored looking bloke walks up to the stage "Hi I'm Nathan". Then mumbles something about human voice before pressing play on a laptop and then sitting down and staring at the ceiling for 30 minutes and never interacting with the laptop or the audience again until the end of the set. The first track was a horrific atonal mess of someone saying what sounded like "Islam" over and over, layered on top of each other and at different frequencies. Fucking hard to listen to. Which I realise might make it sound interesting, but it wasn't. It was just not good.

Did improve a bit after that with some of the other tracks actually having a cool, bluesy, jazz vibe with different layered vocals. But that first one had done a lot of damage by then.

Remember that guy we played with in Drakes who played a guitar with no strings using a dildo and an electric fan heater? That was interesting / painful...