aberdeen-music

Best/worst music in Aberdeen right now

ca_gere

It's a polish ship though right?

Not technically from Aberdeen but there is a fella from Macduff ripping it up at the moment...

I was expecting a half arsed rap - instead a bath of pure emotion. Steve Barron has waited long enough at number 26.

Fucking. Musical. Genius.

I was on facebook and some one sent me a link to a local band dont know who these guys are but def some of the most original sounding music i have heard from an aberdeen based band in years . I was so impressed by the quality of the sound and art package i purchased a viynl . The band TRYPTAMINES can be found on bandcamp which is cool cause can listen to tracks for free before download and is on viynl or digital should def check them out if get the chance impressive stuff kinda a cross between radiohead betaband even kind off portishead sounding. Great stuff should def check it out people. who are these guys ??

I was on facebook and some one sent me a link to a local band dont know who these guys are but def some of the most original sounding music i have heard from an aberdeen based band in years . I was so impressed by the quality of the sound and art package i purchased a viynl . The band TRYPTAMINES can be found on bandcamp which is cool cause can listen to tracks for free before download and is on viynl or digital should def check them out if get the chance impressive stuff kinda a cross between radiohead betaband even kind off portishead sounding. Great stuff should def check it out people. who are these guys ??

Are they your band?

• Upvote 2

That is so your own band you loser!

no not my band just really liked it alot of great music going on in aberdeen right now im open fr more bands if anyone got any suggestions last good band i seen live was darth elvis , marrionettes and the little kicks new album was really good live thought would post on here never expected an attack middle finger to yes loosers back this shit should be about the music in aberdeen i truely believe there alot of great things hapning in aberdeen right now this was something i thought was great if anyone got any suggestions im open this why i came on here

no not my band just really liked it alot of great music going on in aberdeen right now im open fr more bands if anyone got any suggestions last good band i seen live was darth elvis , marrionettes and the little kicks new album was really good live thought would post on here never expected an attack middle finger to yes loosers back this shit should be about the music in aberdeen i truely believe there alot of great things hapning in aberdeen right now this was something i thought was great if anyone got any suggestions im open this why i came on here

You ever heard of The Full Stops?

Just kidding mate. If you like electonic music check out Amanti.

na im shite at spelling type to fast al defo check that out amanti never heard of them are they local 

Yeah man, Stonehaven soloist. Ugly fucker, but makes good music.

It's a polish ship though right?

Not technically from Aberdeen but there is a fella from Macduff ripping it up at the moment...

This is unbelievable. I had to check to make sure there wasn't two songs coming through my headphones. Who would ever listen to that and think it's anything even approaching a piece of listenable music? I'm not even gonna do the whole tongue in cheek routine with this one... that guy needs serious help. There's something wrong with him if he thinks this is something worthy of public consumption.

• Upvote 1

http://thestevenbarronproject.bandcamp.com/

Oh my. There's more. There's an album. Check the FULL LENGTH ALBUM with DANCE REMIX BONUS TRACKS.

Check the track "You're married I'm discreet". I don't know what's going on. You can faintly hear the backing track, in the background, like it's being played in the next room.

This is genuinely the worst stuff I've ever heard. He makes Gordon Duthie sound like fucking Prince.

Edited by Joda Serk
  • Upvote 1

http://thestevenbarronproject.bandcamp.com/

Oh my. There's more. There's an album. Check the FULL LENGTH ALBUM with DANCE REMIX BONUS TRACKS.

Check the track "You're married I'm discreet". I don't know what's going on. You can faintly hear the backing track, in the background, like it's being played in the next room.

This is genuinely the worst stuff I've ever heard. He makes Gordon Duthie sound like fucking Prince.

WOW. Listen to 'Pills under my Pillow' with headphones... it's like he's right next to you whispering into your left ear. It's really creepy. And also utter shit.

Lifestyle Jesus is a genuinely brilliant name for a song.

Is there autotune on this track?! I think there might be!

Agree about the song names though, all these song titles are actually pretty cool!

I'm back for some more Indian Red Lopez love.

Listened to their debut album again this morning.  It really is great.  As aforementioned, I'm not the most eloquent at describing what I like about music, but I just do.  I think my IRL love comes from the fact that I grew up listening to indie music mainly and there's a definite "indie-ness" about IRL's tracks in that you can tell the guys must have listened and been influenced by indie music at some point, but what they do with that is really interesting.  Samples, electro beats, layers, and all sorts of other effects and stuff to make some really banging tracks.  Ropes, New Black, Iron Fist, KYS are all absolute stonking tunes.

New album, Commit is available to order now and is released sometime this month I think.  Going along to my first gig for probably about 2 years tomorrow night (in PETERHEAD).  IRL supported by The Little Kicks and CS Buchan.  I'll have to be careful that I don't jizz in my pants.