aberdeen-music

Best/worst music in Aberdeen right now

ca_gere

To be fair, your the one throwing insults at people, your not exactly covering yourself in glory here. 

Everything I've said has been in context, pretty reasonable and in response to things in the thread, not just an unrelated jab.

Nef C's just turned up to help out with that hole

man-spade-3-20094317.jpg

WHAT?! HOW?! I WAS TRYING TO STOP THE BLOODY ARGUMENT! ME CALLING HIM A DICK IS ENTIRELY RELATED TO HIS BEHAVIOUR IN THE THREAD, JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

If I ever needed a reminder how bad this forum can be at times, it's this thread.

(Ca_Gere, I'm alerting the authorities, I don't know how you got hold of that picture.)

Seeing as I started the thread, here's my take...

Slagging people personally is bad form (online, offline, wherever). Slagging bands is totally fine. Let's get back to that. And praising good ones.

Mods could do with calming down a toot... nothing wrong with a bit of argy bargy in a thread now and again... it generally calms down after a while and nobody really gets that offended.

Sort of an Aberdeen band, but The Xcerts just announced a new album out March 10th. Surely the best Aberdeen pop/rock band of the last 20 years? Including relative success and output equally in that.

Seeing as I started the thread, here's my take...

Slagging people personally is bad form (online, offline, wherever). Slagging bands is totally fine. Let's get back to that. And praising good ones.

Mods could do with calming down a toot... nothing wrong with a bit of argy bargy in a thread now and again... it generally calms down after a while and nobody really gets that offended.

Fine, and apologies for derailing your thread somewhat.

It's hilarious that it's bothered a few people it wasn't aimed at while he's wearing it like a badge of honour on Facebook...

• Upvote 2

Dear John have always been great. I would have loved to have seen them make a proper go for it (as in go full-on touring, promoting, recording, etc) instead of playing the odd show here and there when they can. I think they have/had something that not only tickled my fancy (industrial, electronic but loud and dirgy) but something really different to what I'd seen in Aberdeen. Great bunch of lads also.

I think they actually are going to gig a little more often now.

Agreed - all really nice lads too. Runcie played with us for a while and is a top, top chap.

Runcie was fucking pissed as hell at the Marionettes album launch, and told me repeatedly how bad my first band was. He was right. I came out liking him even more.

Dear John seem really great, tried to get them a gig but it didn't work out. Have they been around for a while?

Oh Runcie drunk is a fucking animal. When we toured 2 years ago, he wakened in the van still pissed and decided to go and have a pee up against someone's garage. This was about 9 in the morning and folk were heading to work/kids going to school. Also had to stop the van on the dual carriageway, just before the bridge after Perth heading to Glasgow so he could be sick.

Great guy.

Think DJ have been on the go for a while, with a few hiatus. As far as I know, the drummer (whose name escapes me) and Calum have always been doing it, Runcie joined maybe a year or so ago.

Scott, Calum and originally Paul started the band absolutely yonks ago (as in I can't remember them not existing). Paul's bassline on Keep us apart is what first sold them to me. They've never changed their style really at all and it still sounds as great as it did.

What's folk's opinions on Forest Fires? Haven't seen them being mentioned thus far. Pretty tight musically even if they are essentially a Biffy clone.

Cannae think of ony ither baaaaahnds in Aberdeen at the moment because I'm all the way in fookin' Denmark.

I guess Lenin Death Mask are probably okay maybe

What's folk's opinions on Forest Fires? Haven't seen them being mentioned thus far. Pretty tight musically even if they are essentially a Biffy clone.

Cannae think of ony ither baaaaahnds in Aberdeen at the moment because I'm all the way in fookin' Denmark.

I guess Lenin Death Mask are probably okay maybe

Is Denmark a city in Poland?

Xx