aberdeen-music

The Matrix (spoilers)

Jaaakkkeee

Was going to post in the Last Film You Watched Thread but got all geeky after watching the trilogy last night and started searching the web and wanted more of a discussion.

My main question is, what happens after The Matrix Revolutions? I know The matrix Online continued the story. Anyone play it and offer some insight?

Also, at the end of TMR the Oracle says that she expects to see neo again. Does she mean that Neo isn't dead, or does she mean just another "one"?

Is it not a cyclic thing, where there is peace for a while, then the machines and the agents start rallying against the free humans and the whole thing starts again.

It was mentioned by the architect that there have been other Neo's before who had the same choice to make, some went one way, the others the other, so that highlights the evidence of the cycle.

Is it not a cyclic thing, where there is peace for a while, then the machines and the agents start rallying against the free humans and the whole thing starts again.

It was mentioned by the architect that there have been other Neo's before who had the same choice to make, some went one way, the others the other, so that highlights the evidence of the cycle.

He said that the previous one's love was more generic. meaning they probably would have all went to save zion. whereas Neo's was a love for Trinity, so he went the way that saved trinity but doomed zion. He didn't know that Neo would then save zion anyway. IMO. So I don't see it as s cycle.

Also, apparently in The Matrix Online Morpheus goes nuts trying to find Neo's body, which the Machines haven't returned, and ends up being killed by humans.

At the end of Revolutions Neo is glowing, as if there was still energy, maybe the matrix kept neo in case another Smith happened and he needed to be plugged in again? I mean The Oracle did say she expected to see him again. Because of the fluctuations in the equations for the matrix maybe if they kept him with the machine's he'd be somewhat of a constant.

As far as I remember, the 5 predecesors all chose the same door, leading to Zion and the salvation of the human race, therefore restarting the cycle. Neo was the first to choose to go back into the Matrix to try and save Trinity and thus end the human race.

• Upvote 1

Why do you think the Oracle was helping the humans even though she was a program?

My theory is that she developed an empathy, as she was an 'intuitive' program that was made to understand humans so they could make the matrix better. She then developed an empathy. Her main mission was to lead the one to the source. But she helped a lot of other freed minds, because of this newly developed empathy.

• 2 months later...

This is what "Outdoors" looks like ...

greatoutdoors2.jpg

... you lot should try it.

I love sci-fi but the Matrix was utter gash. It started well enough, but got increasingly more stupid as it went along. I think the movie is a prime example of what happens when writers and production team get a hold of new cinematic technology ... and benzedrine.

A stampede of special effects trying desparately to be cool - they tore the arse of the the "bullet time" gimmick.

Dark City was far better.

That is all.