aberdeen-music

The Longest Day are looking for a Guitar who also owns a Bass.

Robin Thornton

The Longest Day are set to play Functions and Weddings.  We had a Drummer and Singer on-board and a Keyboardist who also plays Bass.  The Drummer really needs a Bass beside his kick drum, so the idea is that you would play Bass on the tracks that need Keys and Guitar on other tracks: the Keyboardist would cover Bass, in that case.  

We Practise in Banchory on Sunday afternoons.  PM me if you think it'll work. 

the doors didn't have a bassist, get that keyboardist onto an organ get some hardcore left hand action going!

Maybe not on stage, but someone played bass on their album tracks.

Anyhow, never yet in 50 years heard a guitarist who could make a decent job of playing bass. Sparko of Doctor Feelgood fame was as good as it gets and he was ok for the stuff they played.

They are looking for a guitar who owns a bass, so in fact the guitar will play the bass on the tracks that need keyboards. The bass needs to be near the kick drum, so that means the guitar which is playing the bass will be on the floor. Now they had a drummer and singer with an on-board keyboard which also played bass, but with the guitar playing bass, then the keyboard will have to sing, but only on the songs that need trumpet, which will be covered by the guitar or bass or drums.

Anyway - it won't work. I'm out.

• Upvote 2

They are looking for a guitar who owns a bass, so in fact the guitar will play the bass on the tracks that need keyboards. The bass needs to be near the kick drum, so that means the guitar which is playing the bass will be on the floor. Now they had a drummer and singer with an on-board keyboard which also played bass, but with the guitar playing bass, then the keyboard will have to sing, but only on the songs that need trumpet, which will be covered by the guitar or bass or drums.

Anyway - it won't work. I'm out.

Pissed myself, awesome thread