Seven Pounds

The Land Before Time

About Schmidt

Road to Perdition

Wit

Saving Private Ryan

Forrest Gump

The Sixth Man

The final episode of 'Hope & Glory' (Lenny Henry as a school headmaster. anyone?)

Honourable mention to Blue Valentine - although I didn't cry, I was stuck in a massive depressed rut for hours after viewing.

I'm sure there are some I'm forgetting. I cry at heaps.

Edited by E.C

I don't think I've ever cried at a movie or TV or whatever.  I'm not an overly emotional guy.  Close relatives dying and that sort of thing does get me (so I'm not totally void of emotion...).  I think I'm becoming more emotional though - more "watery eye" moments than I used to.

This is something that did totally make me cry though.

The back story may be necessary to fully understand...  Some of you may be aware of the charity Kayleigh's Wee Stars.  It's a charity that was set up by the parents of a little girl Kayleigh who died of a brain tumour when she was just 2.  I sort of knew Kayleigh's mum through school.  Her parents are two of the most inspiring people ever.  If you get a chance to check out the charity and the story, please do.  What they've done since finding out their daughter was going to die is absolutely incredible and completely selfless.  Anyway, it may be because I'm sort of "connected" to this that this song totally gets me but I think it's probably more to do with the fact that the photos of Kayleigh remind me of my own little girl and the lyrics in this song written and performed by Kayleigh's dad just hit a nerve with me because I can relate to every single one of them.  Anyway, here's the song - which the charity released as a single on iTunes last year and at one point it was in the top 50 on iTunes, which was pretty cool:

• Upvote 1

Watership Down, the start of UP and the bit in Gran Torino with the dog.  All classic something in my eye moments.

Usually though I'm more likely to go at really happy moments.  Andy Murray winning wimbledon had me avoiding eye contact with everyone around (thankfully was watching it on a big screen in Woodend Barn so was quite dark).  There was someone really good on the voice the other week who looked so excited when all 4 judges turned round and that fucking got me going.  The fucking voice!  

If the Dons win a trophy this season I imagine I'll cry for months.

Watership Down, the start of UP and the bit in Gran Torino with the dog.  All classic something in my eye moments.

Usually though I'm more likely to go at really happy moments.  Andy Murray winning wimbledon had me avoiding eye contact with everyone around (thankfully was watching it on a big screen in Woodend Barn so was quite dark).  There was someone really good on the voice the other week who looked so excited when all 4 judges turned round and that fucking got me going.  The fucking voice!  

If the Dons win a trophy this season I imagine I'll cry for months.

I'm like this too.  I was very close to tears when Andy Murray won Wimbledon.

Here's another totally ridiculous / embarrassing one...

Karate Kid.  Not the classic one either.  The one with Will Smith's son.  Holy shit.  I watched that on a plane home from Dubai a couple of years ago and felt a bit emotional at the end.  Jesus.  No tears were shed (thank fuck or I might have jumped out of the plane).

Edited by Gladstone

I'm like this too. I was very close to tears when Andy Murray won Wimbledon.

Karate Kid. Not the classic one either. The one with Will Smith's son. Holy shit. I watched that on a plane home from Dubai a couple of years ago and felt a bit emotional at the end. Jesus. No tears were shed (thank fuck or I might have jumped out of the plane).

Blame it on jetlag. I find if I'm really tired or especially hungover I'm much more likely to start bawling while watching something stupid like a toilet roll advert.

Oh. Here's one. The fucking Irish rugby anthem "Ireland's Call". For those who don't follow rugby, a quick bit of background - unlike most sports where the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland are seperate, the Irish Rugby team covers all 4 provinces of Ireland, Munster, Leinster, Connaught and Ulster, so you have players from both NI and the ROI in the same team representing Ireland as a whole. To avoid tension, in place of either nations national anthem they play a purpose written song which addresses the unique situation. I find the song and the lyrics so stirring, when I see the players from both sides united and belting out the song

"Ireland, Ireland,

Together standing tall,

Shoulder to shoulder,

We'll answer Ireland's call",

Plus 80,000 fans, plus all the people in the pub, it inexplicably makes my chest swell and my heart explode. And I'm not even Irish. Admittedly it packs more of a punch when you're in a pub in Dublin city centre surrounded by drunk Irish people singing along.

• 2 months later...

Generally I am a big Jessie and cry all the time, although rarely at my own shit. It's a nice release. I always feel more emotional on planes and when hungover. I cried during a recent hangover at the slow clap bit at the end of Cool Runnings. I was so proud of them.

Me and the wife recently saw Brandi Carlile in concert and her lyrics tapped a well in me. I 'grut' the whole way through as did the Mrs. It was super gay.

Edited by Shaki
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm like this too.  I was very close to tears when Andy Murray won Wimbledon.

Karate Kid.  Not the classic one either.  The one with Will Smith's son.  Holy shit.  I watched that on a plane home from Dubai a couple of years ago and felt a bit emotional at the end.  Jesus.  No tears were shed (thank fuck or I might have jumped out of the plane).

I tend to get that on planes as well. I think it's because even on a packed plane...I still feel lonely and reflect on stuff.