aberdeen-music

Stuff that's made you cry

The Milner

I watched this tonight. I do agree the "plot" that binds it all together was utter shit, but I thought most (not all) of the sketches were funny as hell. Bawdy, gross-out humour. Gets me every time. Fuck knows how they got that cast. "Yeah, hi Hugh Jackman? We'd like you to play a guy who has balls on his neck. And could you ring Kate Winslet, and see if she'll be do the scene with you?". 

Seven Pounds - Drama starring Will Smith which I can't really describe without giving away the plot. It was really good the first time I saw it, but it lost something on rewatch when I knew the ending. Not a light, breezy Sunday night movie. Heavy going. Tugs at the heart strings a bit. A few massive plotholes, but it doesn't spoil it too much. 

Major League - A childhood favourite that I haven't watched since I was a teenager. Baseball comedy. The owner of the Cleveland Indians deliberately drafts in the worst baseball players she can find in order to finish dead last so she can break contract and move the team to Miami. It was probably 90% nostalgia (I could still quote most of the lines before they happened) but I really really enjoyed it. Even Charlie Sheen, who I can't stand. I even got goose bumps during the "Wild Thing" scene.

I dont know if your allowed to admit this or not, but Seven Pounds is the only film i have shed a wee tear over.

Edited by The Milner

I dont know if your allowed to admit this or not, but Seven Pounds is the only film i have shed a wee tear over.

I shed a tear every time I see Will Smith's name attached to a movie. He's worse than shite. He has two expressions - Big Smiley or Constipatedly Serious. Nice guy, but stick to comedy ...and please, please steer your son towards a non-showbiz career. The kid can't even speak English  - listen to the opening monologue in After Earth - "human race" sounded like "hooomaaaa raaaaay"

Back on topic ...the end scene in Field of Dreams and the bit where Forrest Gump meets his son both raise a lump in my throat :)

Da slag, but I have a playlist on youtube of news snippets and short films, etc that make me feel fuzzy inside. I don't really know why I started it but I've got some beauts on there that i'll watch/show people from time to time when the mood calls for a wee greet.

Here are some recent favourites:

Marley and Me expunged years of self-imposed, adulthood emotional repression.  I was heaving with tears for about half an hour after the film ended.  My girlfriend was really worried about me. 

I think, more than anything, it reminded me a lot of losing my own dog, which happened when I was on holiday.  I loved that dog more than anything and don't think I had a chance to fully grieve her passing, as I was away when it happened. 

As it happens, I was in Amsterdam on said holiday.  My mum phoned me at about 10am the morning after a head full of booze and drugs.  That was a pretty brutal moment.

When left for amsterdam, I had already got into my car and started my engine when I realised I hadn't said bye to Corrie.  I put the engine off and went straight back in the house to give her a cuddle as i suppose i had a feeling it'd be our last.

Oh God, I miss my dog. 

When Buffy *spoilers* Angel at the end of season 2. 19 year old Lucky cried like a little bitch. That fucking Sarah Mclachlan song still gets to me to this day.

Oh also when she gets given the "Class Protector" award in the prom episode of season 3. I've seen that episode so many times and it still gets me every single time.