aberdeen-music

Festivals 2014

colb

Dunno about tomorrow - i'd like to see what Antibalas are all about, depends how long it takes to get to the hotel at rush hour.

There's a heap of good stuff on Wednesday but it's all over the place - Paus and Shellac at BARTS would be my choice but Brian Jonestown Massacre are playing the Apolo and they're usually good fun.

We'll definitely go and pick up wristbands tomorrow or Weds - the queue on Thursday will be mental.

We saw Real Estate (dull), Girl Band (good), St Vincent (phenomenal), QOTSA (awright), Shellac (yas), Arcade Fire (fine rare) and Metronomy (affa good).

I can't do this staying up til 5am thing though. I dunno how I managed last time. I spent most of Metronomy's set wondering how people were able to stand.

Does anyone know anything about the shuttle buses? Where they stop, etc?

I think the shuttle bus is just between the site and placa catalunya. I've never used it though so could be speaking shite. My mate left about 4.30 last night and said there was a massive crowd waiting for it. 

No one should go home early tonight. Laurent Garnier 4 to close will be amazing.

That sounds about right, think I'm still better off with the trams in that case. Gah 5am. Good luck with work, Pandroid. You are a dedicated man to hard pairtying

Day 2:

The Last 3 Lines

Yamantaka // Sonic Tiitan

The Wedding Present

Speedy Ortiz

Twilight Sad

Slint

Darkside

Kvelertak

Bits of:

Loop

Dr John

SBTRKT

Jesu

Darkside and DR John were dull. The Twilight Sad, The Wedding Present and Slint were great. Kvelertak were amazing - Norwegian Death Metal with classic rock choruses and punk breakdowns - like watching 3 different bands. Plus pinches and feet on the monitor all all times.