aberdeen-music

Festivals 2014

colb

On the other hand, I don't want to be a VIP wanker.  I would say that Primavera excels at being a pretty big festival without treating the masses like cattle.

My financial situation could be fairly shite next year, so I'm going to hold off until after Christmas and see what's what.

I'm pretty sure there's a night bus you could get during the hours the metro is closed.

However anyone who leaves before the end is a loser. And probably smells bad too. 

Sonar festival this weekend :D Sadly I'm only going to make it to the by night parts this year and will miss out on loads of great stuff at the day events :(

Still I'm very excited about seeing Royksopp & Robyn, Caribou, Todd Terje, Lykke Li, James Holden and most of all Chic! 

• Upvote 1

At least there's more places to try tomorrow. I got from Seetickets last year.

Last 2 years we've bought a holiday to Barca from Expedia and stayed in NH hotels - kinda similar to a Premier Inn. We were in Gracia the first year, a long way from the site but a really nice part of the city. This year we stayed next to Bogatell metro, not so nice but 3 stops from the site. Only 7 Euro in a taxi home as well, I can't do late nights either so I just jumped in a cab at home time. usually after a mad argument with a cabbie that wanted 25 to take me home..........

Next year I'd like to stay in one of the hotels or an apartment within a 10 min walk of the venue.

• Upvote 1

We had an airbnb sourced apartment one stop from Sagrade Familia which was a pretty great base for doing other non-Primavera stuff.  Plus it was cheap as fuck for a totally livable wee place.  Great balcony for coffee and tabbies post-wake up too.

Think I'd stick with somewhere along the yellow metro line next time at least though.  Probably worth the cash.

• Upvote 1

Are you giving next year a miss? But I've still yet to claim an international stalk despite not having a clue what you look like!

Unless there's a big change of plans I won't be living in Barcelona (or anywhere close) next year so I almost certainly won't be going. 

This time of year does make leaving seem stupid though. Primavera Sound two weeks ago, Piknic Elektronic last sunday (and every week until mid-september) and now Sonar this weekend. It doesn't get much better.