aberdeen-music

American Idiot

iain44s

I got it yesterday. Haven't listen through to it properly but initial impressions are that it's a bit of a miss-mash, which I don't know is a good thing or not. That first 9min 'medly', what the fuck is THAT about?! Is it just 5 songs they couldn't be bothered finishing so they squished them together?!

Does seem to play like a gig too, one track into another here and there, which is good and fuck me, how fucking ACE will be to be singing along that 'We Are Waiting' or whatever it's called song gonna be like in, like, the SECC or something?! Ace I think.

Like I said, haven't given it a PROPER good listen to yet so hopefully with grow but after hearing the single and being totally fucking :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang: , the jury is otherwise out...

well now that wouldn't be hard now would it sweetie?

You could record Billie Joe farting into a milk bottle and it would be better than warning.

I'm undecided as to whether I will pur-chase this or not.

Guest Cowboy Dan

i liked Warning.

I've heard the new single and it's very very boring, simple, bland and uninteresting. I wouldn't have been surprised if it had been written by a local band of 13 year olds. I used to like Green Day, but that song is just complete baws, the lyrics are shit as well.

Completely put me off the new album.

I really liked Warning but I think this album's an improvement. It reminds me of Insomniac in places. I like the whole 'Punk Rock Opera' idea behind it.

Some of the songs sound like they're rehashing old material and some sound like they're stealing from other people (She's A Rebel is the most blatant rip-off of Boxcar by Jawbreaker I've ever heard), but the tunes still rock and that's the main thing.

Guest scott cs.

the American Idiot single isn't a good basis to judge the rest of the album, you really have to listen to it all the way through so you undertsnad the characters that appear throughout it. there are some weak songs - Extraordinary Girl is really dire, but overall its really good.

anyone else noticed theres a bit in Jesus of Suburbia that sounds EXACTlY like summer of 69 by brian adams! tis quality. also the chorus of Letterbomb is basically just 86 off insomniac.

I think Give Me Novocaine is pretty horrendous but apart from that its a good album

its crazy all these different opinions because i think that give me novocaine is really cool

the opening chords remind me of the flaming lips and the distortion in the middle is ace

ok so its nothing new but it rocks!

i LOVE Green Day so much so any albums going to be brillliant in my opinion. I've still not actually listened to all of this one but i think Jesus of Suburbia is possibly one of their best songs ever, its so dynamic.