aberdeen-music

Your Music - 2013

Old Gold

We didnt want to, but due to legal issues, Data Thieves released this punk/indie/psyfolk album Please Hack H3r3 on CD Baby

And I personally released a new album of ambient/chamber/classical compositions.

I have a whole other punk/psy/indie album recorded for release in the last 12 months, "Conspiracy Of Silence", but release not scheduled until I have a good "unplugged" accoustic set, or actual bandmates instead of me just bluffing all the instruments, :)

Seas, Starry had plans to finish and release our new album, but mainly due to scheduling issues, it didn't happen. We've now totally finished recording and mixing though, so will be hoping to get it mastered and pressed to vinyl by the spring.

We had various one off releases on Not A Teepee and The Active Listener compilations, a split 7" with Palace of Swords and a track on the Laika Come Home Christmas comp.

Das McManus have been quiet, but started recording again this month for a split EP with Needleman that'll be out early next year.

Jan and I started a covers collective called Cherbourg Harps Assembly and recorded a few tunes that we popped up on Soundcloud. That quietened down a bit recently due to lack of free time, but hoping to get going again in the new year.

Edited by girl anachronism
  • Upvote 1

Seas, Starry had plans to finish and release our new album, but mainly due to scheduling issues, it didn't happen. We've now totally finished recording and mixing though, so will be hoping to get it mastered and pressed to vinyl by the spring.

We had various one off releases on Not A Teepee and The Active Listener compilations, a split 7" with Palace of Swords and a track on the Laika Come Home Christmas comp.

Das McManus have been quiet, but started recording again this month for a split EP with Needleman that'll be out early next year.

Jan and I started a covers collective called Cherbourg Harps Assembly and recorded a few tunes that we popped up on Soundcloud. That quietened down a bit recently due to lack of free time, but hoping to get going again in the new year.

I can't wait to hear the new Das McManus stuff :)

We've nearly finished recording our stuff for the EP, just need to finish mixing and mastering and I have a few guitar bits to do as well.

PIGDOG LP never came out. It's a bit of a risk, since we're not a band, as such. Though if we can find a drummer, there's the possibility of it being released, and doing a first-and-last tour of sorts. A handful of dates, flogging the record as cheaply as possible. Practicing would be a logistical nightmare though.

I've recorded a buttload of stuff this year, of varying styles. I don't really know what to do with it. Starting bands is hard when drummers DON'T EXIST.

• Upvote 1

PIGDOG LP never came out. It's a bit of a risk, since we're not a band, as such. Though if we can find a drummer, there's the possibility of it being released, and doing a first-and-last tour of sorts. A handful of dates, flogging the record as cheaply as possible. Practicing would be a logistical nightmare though.

I've recorded a buttload of stuff this year, of varying styles. I don't really know what to do with it. Starting bands is hard when drummers DON'T EXIST.

Why can't you find a drummer?

Godzilla Blues did a song for the 'Laika Come Ho-Ho-Home' compilation released the other week. Also contributed 2 songs to another local compilation which was supposed to be out by end of the year but not sure whether that will still be out this year.

Hopefully will get more organised for next year...

Will be out early next year. Things kind of got away from us!!

...which is bangin'.

Ah - Marionettes' debut album.  I missed that...  I've been out of the loop on all things local for a while.  I must seek this out.  Is it on iTunes?

EDIT:  Do Deportees still exist?  I have the first EP/single but haven't seen any other recorded output.

Edited by Gladstone