aberdeen-music

Sat 25 Jan :: Absolutist + Needleman

The Ghost Of Fudge

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That was a good show! Absolutist are fucking great, 17 minute space rock hardcore songs probably shouldn't work, but Absolutist nailed it. A nice wee crowd for them too, a fair bit of bopping about.

Needleman have come along a big way since I last saw them, which makes a lot of sense as that was in Cellar 35 and it could have been Philkaline's first show? New material is sounding good, it's like there has been some kind of musical progression or something.

Panda's vocals seemed a bit flat in places, LOL!

• Upvote 1

That was a good show! Absolutist are fucking great, 17 minute space rock hardcore songs probably shouldn't work, but Absolutist nailed it. A nice wee crowd for them too, a fair bit of bopping about.

Needleman have come along a big way since I last saw them, which makes a lot of sense as that was in Cellar 35 and it could have been Philkaline's first show? New material is sounding good, it's like there has been some kind of musical progression or something.

Panda's vocals seemed a bit flat in places, LOL!

Yeah, Absolutist were great! Reminded me of Fall of Efrafa.

Thanks, that Cellar 35 gig was my first in 7 years and one of the songs (Please Don't Jump) we'd only practiced once all the way through. The new stuff is more coherent I think because we're working on them together rather than the earlier stuff which was already there (apart from re-arrangements to make them flow better) and I was just trying to put my stamp on them a bit. Blue Blood, Good Beard/Shite Pirate and Dirty Money are the newest and I think they definitely show a bit of progression. We've got another two new ones in the pipeline and they are sounding really good so far.

We really need to take a note from Absolutist and not talk between songs as we are shite at "banter".

That heckle during the Needleman set was pure out of order. And Panda really handled it well. Although he should have went the Bad Brains way and just came off stage and planted him one.

Really enjoyed the whole night. Apart from that.

Aye, the guy in question does sometimes speak before he thinks but he's not a bad guy so I'm guessing that's why Panda let it slide, well that and the fact he'd spent most of the night spewing his ringer.

Aye, the guy in question does sometimes speak before he thinks but he's not a bad guy so I'm guessing that's why Panda let it slide, well that and the fact he'd spent most of the night spewing his ringer.

Yeah I was talking to Clarkie and the Bile Yer Heid guy outside and they agreed that it was way out of line but basically mirrored what you said there.

Yeah, it was out of line but I didn't take it as being malicious - seemed like one of those "this would be the best inappropriate moment to heckle so I'll say the first thing that comes to mind" kind of moments.

Had fun playing but yeah, was sick as a fucking dog last night so I hope it didn't impact on the set too much.

Absolutist fucking smashed it.

xx