aberdeen-music

A heavy metal instrumental I wrote and recorded

valentinbk

Hey everyone, you might remember me from my guitar videos I post here from time to time, and today Im back with what I consider to be "the real deal" -

an instrumental written & recorded entirely by me. Its called "Apocalyptic Visions" its heavy, melodic and its inspired by the end of the world theme

and old school heavy metal.

So give it a listen, and if you enjoyed it - please share it with someone as I dont have an army of fans to help me get my music across

For more of my originals check out this playlist:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD4A406DF298C779D&feature=mh_lolz

If you liked the music feel free to like my FB page: https://www.facebook.com/valentinthemad

Yeah, I didn't understand the drumming either. It's very poorly timed. Everything else sounds good.

But as with most things, needs more guitar harmonies.

I tried a bit too hard to make the drums "progressive" and not just the same beat all of the time, didnt work out as I hoped and the drum sounds themselves dont help the situation very much.

As for guitar harmonies, I dont like to overuse them. I think they lose their effect when they are overused.

Sounds pretty good, Maybe you could recruit some band members to collab/jam with a view to gigging? I think that the input of other players can really help to expand the dynamics of ones tunes.

Hook-up with a good drummer and bassist and get out there playing :)

Thats pretty much what Im trying to do but Im having trouble finding musicians for this kind of music.

• 2 weeks later...

Thats pretty much what Im trying to do but Im having trouble finding musicians for this kind of music.

Hey everyone, I have some exciting news! Apocalyptic Visions is live since yesterday on CdBaby and Itunes and will soon make it to other music services(such as Spotify, Shazam and many others). Its my first track ever to get such distribution, just wanted to share my excitement :D

Dont worry about that, there are plenty musicians, but I think it needs a bit of persuedeing sometimes to get others on board, you have to offer them something, maybe like playing music they are familiar with too, Sometimes you can get in the right place at the right time and connect with the right collaborators, Sometimes they take a bit of searching out.

So thats great news about Apocalyptic Visions, at least you're getting some material out there. Well done.

:)

Dont worry about that, there are plenty musicians, but I think it needs a bit of persuedeing sometimes to get others on board, you have to offer them something, maybe like playing music they are familiar with too, Sometimes you can get in the right place at the right time and connect with the right collaborators, Sometimes they take a bit of searching out.

So thats great news about Apocalyptic Visions, at least you're getting some material out there. Well done.

:)

Actually just today I had a jam, not metal but it still was pretty fun (and might even lead to live performing).

And btw Im pretty close to start recording solo piece #4 :D