aberdeen-music

Your unpopular food opinions.

Paranoid Android

It is usually slagged off as a shit curry, but I love Korma. I dig spicy food. I love a fiery chilli, and I'm all about hot wings. ALL ABOUT. But with curry, I prefer something creamier. It's not spicy, but a proper korma (not that flour and sugar shithouse bilge that Mastrick Tandoori churn out) is goddamn wonderful.

It is usually slagged off as a shit curry, but I love Korma. I dig spicy food. I love a fiery chilli, and I'm all about hot wings. ALL ABOUT. But with curry, I prefer something creamier. It's not spicy, but a proper korma (not that flour and sugar shithouse bilge that Mastrick Tandoori churn out) is goddamn wonderful.

Alford Tandoori have 3 kormas on the menu and a couple of other creamy curries. One is mango and some other shit. Fucking delicious. I love a hot curry. Vindaloo is my bitch. I'll take on a Phall and kick its ass too. I like curry so hot that my piss burns (more than normal) the next day... BUT - those Kormas are fucking boss if I fancy something different!

xx

In to appreciate the hate for mushrooms and olives, although I'm trying to like both because I'm sure I'll enjoy them one day.

Beetroot? GTF.

Courgettes? Pointless.

Aubergine? Who do you think you are?

Aubergine is fine but definitely kind of pointless like courgettes, don't add much. However, and you might not believe this, I once went to a lunch where someone had prepared aubergine in such a way that it became one of the nices things I've ever eaten in my life. Sadly I'd forgotten by the next day exactly what she did to it.

Aubergine is fine but definitely kind of pointless like courgettes, don't add much. However, and you might not believe this, I once went to a lunch where someone had prepared aubergine in such a way that it became one of the nices things I've ever eaten in my life. Sadly I'd forgotten by the next day exactly what she did to it.

dipped in gravy and rolled in skirlie 

• Upvote 1

I want Mastrick Tandoori to be so good cos it's so handy for me and even though it's shit I still go in sometimes hoping that 'this time it'll be better' and it never is. The toxic crud they sell leaves me with a chemical hangover. I bet they laugh their tits off at lazy gullible mugs like me. No more you crap curry house bastards. No more.

• Upvote 2

I like most of the stuff mentioned in this thread, and I'll happily eat most things in general. I do agree that - back when my parents used to feed me them - liver and kidney is nasty, again mostly due to the texture. Same with courgettes, aubergines, and indeed eggs. Also concur with Stroopy (I think) that sorbet is (even) better than ice-cream, still love the latter.

I guess I don't much like eggs in any form, is my contribution. Other than my (genuine) comment regards man's best friend, which hardly raised an eyebrow. Oh well.

In response to the dog thing... I reckon most people on here are intelligent enough to understand different cultures have different attitudes towards food and animals. The rise of foodie culture means people are eating more and more 'weird' food and wouldn't be as put off trying a bit of fido as in the past. That said, I'd struggle to take a nibble but I feel like I'd have to just to say I've done it. Let me guess, it tastes a bit like beef?

In response to the dog thing... I reckon most people on here are intelligent enough to understand different cultures have different attitudes towards food and animals. The rise of foodie culture means people are eating more and more 'weird' food and wouldn't be as put off trying a bit of fido as in the past. That said, I'd struggle to take a nibble but I feel like I'd have to just to say I've done it. Let me guess, it tastes a bit like beef?

Chicken

I became a vegetarian about a year ago. Surely a pretty unpopular food opinion. I still eat some seafood from time to time but will cut that out eventually too. For the most part I really don't miss meat at all. It helps that I really love vegetables, so making a curry with aubergine and chickpeas is just as nice to me as making it with beef.

Woah woah woah woah woah

you don't like eggs?

Then fuck off out my thread Scotty S?t chua ng?t 

Sweet and sour sauce?

Definitely not beef, but it does have a very familiar taste. I've heard people say either rabbit or lamb, both of which I haven't eaten for a long while, so probably one of those. Otherwise some kind of mystery salami-ish taste.

I have a lot of respect for vegetarians and do kind of feel I would be one if I was more pro-active and caring about stuff. I especially started thinking about where food comes from this year when a good friend of mine became a vegan.

I've considered a trial of veganism for a few weeks but it just seems so prohibitive, I don't know what I would eat. I can certainly cook a vegan dinner, but quick snacks at work etc, finding anything that doesn't have milk, eggs, butter or cheese can't be easy. You'd basically need to plan your food in advance for the whole day. Can't even have a custard cream or a bourbon with your (black) coffee, or a Mars Bar if you need a sugar boost.

You people are weird. So many great foodstuffs listed. Liver with mashed potato and fried onions would possibly be a food heaven option on Saturday Kitchen. The onions need to be well fired though, to the point of being kind of burnt.

Olives make me feel ill, I've tried them a few times because folk assured me that decent quality ones are far better than cheaper varieties. Pish. I do like olive oil though.

I cant imagine not liking a buttery. Food of the gods. Heated in the toaster for a while then slathered in butter, *insert Homer drool face*...although they are a rare treat these days so I don't get fat as fuck again.

I'm very lazy. Too lazy. Never used to be like this. When I first became vegetarian I was eating all the vegetables. Now my diet mainly consists of carbs, eggs and cheese. Sometimes something different if lunch at work is nice. If there's no veg option or nice soup it's just chips and cheese for lunch. I come home and buy an egg sandwich and a cheese sandwich from morrisons and that's me. I cooked for the first time in forever last night and made pasta. It was just pasta in tomato sauce with cheese. I need to sort my life out because I love all the foods.

I'm very lazy. Too lazy. Never used to be like this. When I first became vegetarian I was eating all the vegetables. Now my diet mainly consists of carbs, eggs and cheese. Sometimes something different if lunch at work is nice. If there's no veg option or nice soup it's just chips and cheese for lunch. I come home and buy an egg sandwich and a cheese sandwich from morrisons and that's me. I cooked for the first time in forever last night and made pasta. It was just pasta in tomato sauce with cheese. I need to sort my life out because I love all the foods.

Pasta with red pesto is my lazy meal of choice. Bit of parmesan, black pepper, bang, ten minute dinner.

I can take or leave Marmite.

I've only tried tea twice in my life, and that is twice too many. This usually meets with more incredulity than me being a woman who doesn't like or want kids, which I find quite funny.

Cinnamon can get lost. I don't think this is an unusual food opinion but my office says otherwise :(