aberdeen-music

Looking to start/join an Indie Pop (Anything goes) band

ViciousWhiteKid

I draw inspiration from The Smiths mostly, but also The Sex Pistols, Buzzcocks, Busted, McFly. Just about anything really. If you're drawing inspiration from a band I don't listen to, I'll happily listen to them and see if I can get anything from them.

Personally, I would say I'm going for the position of vocalist. I do play guitar and bass, but I haven't touched them in awhile. Give me some idea of what to learn though and I should be able to pick it up rather quickly. My vocals carry mixed reactions, personally I would say I sound like, a more in tune Johnny Rotten. Although, I imagine I could pull off something a bit more universally appealing with a bit of practice.

This is mostly just for fun, although I would be hoping to take it to a slightly more serious stage at some point. I don't want to be in a band where we take ourselves super seriously. Just something for fun and to meet new people.

Looking for people in the mid teens to early twenties bracket.

Willing to do covers, as well as original music and I hope to be writing our own music quite soon if we do arrange anything.