aberdeen-music

New shop open! Getting local playlist together

Lina-Quinn

Hey people!  There's a new alternative clothing shop, Seratique, open on Belmont Street, selling men's clothing, women's clothing, shoes, accessories and gifts.  We've had the idea of bringing locality of the Aberdeen music scene and would like some bands who would like a few songs to be played on the shop floor.  The place is licensed to play music, so it's fine.  If any of you's have a band profile somewhere, it would be great to get a link and the whole band's fine for us to play at the shop, or email me telling me a bit about the band with an attachment to l.quinn36@outlook.com that would be awesome!  We will have children in the shop so it would be cool to have minimal, or no swearing in the songs.  If you's have more than 2 albums, it would be cool to get a couple of songs from each.

There are plans of maybe gradually starting to take on merch, but we've only been open a week so far, but it's on future plans, so if you's would like a boost in getting the band out there, just give me a message.

If you want, you can check out the shop's Facebook page to see what's going on and there's photos set up on Green Heaven's Instagram to see what's on show.  There's some awesome stuff up right now, like an all the way zip up stormtrooper and Darth Vader hoodies.

Thanks!

L-Q

It was talked about to support all the different bands that Aberdeen has to offer since the kind of shop it is, Aberdeen was in dire need of one that sell what we sell.  I just thought, that when I knew it was licensed, if it would be cool to make a playlist of different artists from Aberdeen and Shire to show that the local music scene is not as dire as what some people think.  

• 2 weeks later...