aberdeen-music

Studio Monitors

Aaron Gilman

About to do some  basic (1 acoustic guitar and 1 vocal) recording , and wondering should I fork out for studio monitors or I have a pair of very good tannoy speakers that I use for my music system, should I save myself some cash and just those for monitoring if they are suitable.

Anyone tell me if standard speakers are ever suitable for monitoring? I'm only assuming because the simplicity of the recordings I'm intending on making the frequencies wont be too wild, that they'd be ok to use.

About to do some  basic (1 acoustic guitar and 1 vocal) recording , and wondering should I fork out for studio monitors or I have a pair of very good tannoy speakers that I use for my music system, should I save myself some cash and just those for monitoring if they are suitable.

Anyone tell me if standard speakers are ever suitable for monitoring? I'm only assuming because the simplicity of the recordings I'm intending on making the frequencies wont be too wild, that they'd be ok to use.

Standard speakers are useful for checking mixes along with monitors but not really for monitoring as you don't get the flat response you need. In your case though i'd look at a pair of headphones for monitoring like these:

http://www.gak.co.uk/en/beyerdynamic-dt100-400-ohms-black/16576