aberdeen-music

Football Manager 2014

Soda Jerk

What level we talking here? I'm gunning to win the Bundesliga. Will he be better than Ribery?

Will he at least be better looking than Ribery?

If he is good enough for the dons, he is good enough for Bayern.

As for the second question, i dont think i need to dignify that with an answer, show me an uglier player than Ribery and ill show you a useful chocolate fire guard.

FM 2013, but just want to tell somebody!!

Just took over the Scotland job after Gordon Greer failed to get them to the Spain '26.  Doing it alongside my AC Milan job.  Hired 94 times capped Jordan Rhodes as my assistant, due to our mutual friendship from our days at Everton.  Got a 34 year old Danny Wilson as my captain and some very promising players just coming of age.  Also have fictional Stuart Clark who I've brought to AC Milan (managed him at Aberdeen as a 17 year old and signed him for Blackburn Rovers also) to play up front.  Guarenteed goals.  Just scored a hattrick against Lazio! 

Going to experiement with a 3-4-3: flat midfield, a centre forward and two inside forwards in behind the striker.  Been in Italy too long.  Can't wait to get going!

For some reason, with no major financial backing, Hibernian have taken over Scottish football, and I have 5 Hibs players who will probably make my 23 man squad.  I put it down to the way I changed Scottish football during my 3.5 year spell at Aberdeen. 

• Upvote 2

Anyone else finding this one really easy? I'm top of the Bundesliga with Hertha. Guardiola hasn't got a clue what he's doing at Bayern. Klopp's been sacked. I reckon I could win the league.

Has a promoted side ever won the top flight title the first time of asking?

I managed it with Newport County 2012/2013 Season. Up from the blue square north(maybe south) then won the Blue square premier league. I miss my FM 2012 Newport save so bad.

Anyone else finding this one really easy? I'm top of the Bundesliga with Hertha. Guardiola hasn't got a clue what he's doing at Bayern. Klopp's been sacked. I reckon I could win the league.

Has a promoted side ever won the top flight title the first time of asking?

The last team to do it in English football was Notts Forest - promoted 76/77 won the first division in 77/78. I've no idea if it's happened in any Polish leagues.

I've been dicking about with continental formations all this time, when 4-4-2 is totally unstoppable!

4-4-2! No wonder Pep Guardiola is sticking with it. He knows what's up.

Haven't lost a game, in 10 games with Hertha, since switching to 4-4-2.

My issue with a 4-4-2 is always how best to link the centre two in midfield and attack. Do you play with wingers or attacking wide midfielders?

Your two in the middle of midfield - do you have one sitting and one in a more creative role?

Basically, just tell me your formation please.

I play with 2 wingers - support, a deep lying playmaker - defend, and a box to box midfielder - support. Then I have an advanced forward and a deep lying forward both set to attack. Didn't really change the tactical instructions. Kept it at short passing, retain possession, work ball into box.

I beat Bayern 2-1 at home, with 52% possession. They only had 2 shots on target. I had 11.

If I need a goal late on, I push the wingers up, and set them to attack, pump ball into the box etc and I always win. Always.

I play with 2 wingers - support, a deep lying playmaker - defend, and a box to box midfielder - support. Then I have an advanced forward and a deep lying forward both set to attack. Didn't really change the tactical instructions. Kept it at short passing, retain possession, work ball into box.

I beat Bayern 2-1 at home, with 52% possession. They only had 2 shots on target. I had 11.

If I need a goal late on, I push the wingers up, and set them to attack, pump ball into the box etc and I always win. Always.

Rigid/balanced/fluid?

Attacking/Counter?

I never buy Football Manager games when they first come out, I tend to buy after the mid-season patch. I'm struggling to see the point of buying this one at the moment though as i'm still enjoying 2012. I might buy the PS Vita version instead (it's aimed at classic mode) as i can play that more out and about.

I fired up my Cambridge game on FM13 and fell in love with that game again after not playing in months and not playing that save since January.  Still to try and win Prem League and a European trophy on this save so gonna have a crack at that and then by FM14 early in new year when hopefully the bugs have been fixed!

I think, with regards to you finding this game easy, there are definitely certain leagues which are just really, really easy.  I had a short stint in the championship at Notts Forest in my most recent game and barely lost a game with them.  They were bottom when I took over as well.  I had a similar experience in an older game with Sampdoria in Serie A.  I think it was the season before the side that got relegated too!  The English and Scottish Prem, I find far harder in comparison, having been at "mid table" clubs like Aberdeen and Everton. 

Lifted this from another forum, made me laugh so thought I'd share with my friends on here:

I was once forumming at work and wrote a rather impassioned post on the Sports Interactive forums regarding Football Manager. I can't remember what it was about, but in order to hide that I wasn't actually doing work stuff I typed it out in the word document that I had open at the time so that I could just copy and paste it onto the forum.

It didn't even cross my mind that I'd left it in the report until the client emailed me back with a marked up copy, my football manager rant was circled and "WHAT IS THIS?" was written in capital letters next to it.
  • Upvote 4