aberdeen-music

Lou Reed ...

Diesel

I know what it means, you absolute fanny.

Calling my posts a Strawman Fallacy is a MASSIVELY pretentious way to try to score a point though. And completely untrue.

You asked what "not giving a fuck" meant in the context of "art for art's sake" - how did my answer misrepresent anything? Just because you don't agree with/understand a response doesn't make it invalid.

Also, neg-repping someone for disagreeing with you is pretty childish. I'd do it back, but i'm not a petulant cunt.

No, it's a pretty simply and widely understood way to describe you going on and on and on against a point I never made. I also love that you've called me a fanny twice now, insulted my reading comprehension, and now called me a cunt and yet I'm the one being petulant.

Look, I made a pretty flippant comment about part of Albini's comment not making much sense and seeming contrived and try-hard (which might reflect my general opinion of Albini, VU and people/music influenced more than anything else, oh well). No dispute regards your actual arguments etc, but I again I never said anything against that idea in the first place: if you said "He made what he wanted to make at any one time without giving a fuck about commercial gain, critical acclaim or what anyone thought is what I think he meant" (Monster Zero, in one sentence) , I'd have understood perfectly what he was getting at. No need for a redundant history lesson on Dylan and Hendrix and so on; and I don't get why you're still going on about not only that, but my original Albini comment (really so bothered by me suggesting he's a "tool"?), and every one sentence leave-it-at-that I've tried to make, when it's apparently (needlessly) enraging both you and everyone else. 

Edited by scottyboy

No, it's a pretty simply and widely understood way to describe you going on and on and on against a point I never made. I also love that you've called me a fanny twice now, insulted my reading comprehension, and now called me a cunt and yet I'm the one being petulant.

Look, I made a pretty flippant comment about part of Albini's comment not making much sense and seeming contrived and try-hard (which might reflect my general opinion of Albini, VU and people/music influenced more than anything else, oh well). No dispute regards your actual arguments etc, but I again I never said anything against that idea in the first place: if you said "He made what he wanted to make at any one time without giving a fuck about commercial gain, critical acclaim or what anyone thought is what I think he meant" (Monster Zero, in one sentence) , I'd have understood perfectly what he was getting at. No need for a redundant history lesson on Dylan and Hendrix and so on; and I don't get why you're still going on about not only that, but my original Albini comment (really so bothered by me suggesting he's a "tool"?), and every one sentence leave-it-at-that I've tried to make, when it's apparently (needlessly) enraging both you and everyone else. 

Couple of recommendations that haven't figured in the obits...........

Rock and Roll Animal is a rifftastic live album, featuring the wonderful and unsung Steve Hunter and Dick Wagner, on guitars.  I saw the band in '74 and they played a strange, wonderful mixture of proto-metal and jazzy versions of Lou's songs.

New York is my favourite of Lou's later works.  Essential listening for the lyricists and social commentators among us.