aberdeen-music

Putting up Posters

HillbillySheep

other than what's been said so far, all i could think of is:

the Buttery on Belmont Street are usually pretty good. 

also some of the 24 hour shops on Bridge St/Crown St/George St/Market street can be pretty accomodating.

Under the Hammer and the Noose and Monkey.  The earl of sandwhich (did they move to Old Aberdeen?), I don't know if the new(ish) place on the Green will let you.  Boarderline and Granite Reef will let you put up posters.  I'm not sure about Musa but worth a punt?  What about Kilau in Old Aberdeen?

You used to have to get posters ok'd somewhere at Aberdeen Uni otherwise they got taken down, could be different now, but you could then stick them on boards in various buildings/library's and Halls of Residence.

If you go into corner shop type places and ask politely about putting up posters you'd be surprised how many will say yes.  I always found that it was hard to find the time to put up loads of posters on my own, it helps if you can get a team of folk on it and split it.

• Upvote 2

You used to have to get posters ok'd somewhere at Aberdeen Uni otherwise they got taken down, could be different now, but you could then stick them on boards in various buildings/library's and Halls of Residence.

A note to all thinking of putting posters up at Aberdeen Uni (I'm specifically talking about the door at the bottom of the stairs down the side of St. Mary's, but I'm sure there are other places) - please stop sticking them across the middle of fire doors - it makes them extra difficult to open in the event of a fire.  It also makes me call you rude names.

A suggestion for the original poster (lol) is to also consider flyering the gig at the queues at Exodus on peak nights, and also gigs at the same venue in the lead up. In my promoting days, I would go to every single gig at the venue in the preceding two weeks, and leave flyers at the bar, on tables, or speak to the early punters and hand them a flyer. It was moderately successful, and I definitely recognised some of my subsequent gig attendees. I never paid to get into the gigs; I just went as doors opened and explained my intention and they would always admit me for half an hour or so. It requires a bit of dedication and effort, but it's absolutely worth it, even if you just capture a few more attendees.

• Upvote 2