aberdeen-music

YoungA's thread of stuff for sale

Moon Moon

not really a favour to be honest as bad as this sounds, i sold him the pedals and then he decided to sell the pedal that was now his. its his pedal to sell, i dont need it because its not mine is it? if he wants he can donate it to charity, aka ska- give it to pauline to donate to the rsvp charity at the school supports. it goes to children in rwanda and building a school for them just make sure it goes under waverley house

Edited by YoungA

Wait... YoungA sold something to aka-ska, aka-ska sold that thing onto someone else for more money, aka-ska then offered YoungA money because he sold it for more than he bought it for... It's totally up to YoungA whether he takes the money or not. As far as YoungA is concerned the transaction ended when he first sold the thing. That's not mental, that's just no-nonsense business.

Don't get me wrong, it's nice of aka-ska to offer the money.

• Upvote 3

Knowing how hard up YoungA always is for money (weren't we all at aged 14?!) he is being very mature about the situation, yet people are still taking shots at him. I think it's getting too much like a fashion to lay into him. Would you be saying he's wrong to decline the money if it was anyone but YoungA?

Well done aka-ska and YoungA!

• Upvote 2

yeh it is a nice offer im being a gentleman id rather it went to something more useful than me like a charity. i dont see how no matter what i do good or bad someone has to take a dig at it im trying to be nice here, honestly no need to be a dick. yes weve all been hard up at times, theres been times ive  walking home in the pissing rain because i couldnt afford the bus, times i couldnt afford guitar strings or anything. ive been lucky with most of my gear

Edited by YoungA

I'm not having a go at not accepting the money, I wouldn't either. I just think it's funny how you were selling the stuff dirt cheap because you needed money, then you're saying you don't need money. Obviously you're ignoring all the advice people have given you in the past about making rash decisions regarding the buying, selling or destroying of gear.

• Upvote 1

^^^^ I'm with James above Joss. Keep your valuations a while. Your items can go from 100-40 quid in a week. As James said take oon board people's advice. I have mentioned the same to you before. You needed money but decided to sell everything for less than you should have, even tho u got offered more for items individually. My point was more to value yourself and your items. You did 1 of those by turning down the money, well played but also didn't do the other. That 30 pound more could have got u closer to a cajon (which I have possibly to sell) now u will need to sell something else to fund the next purchase. So just advice Joss, take it or leave it but u never know, it might help you eventually get the stuff u want.

I didn't mean for this to turn into a Young A bashing post.

I had enquired about the pedal board, he put all the items up for grabs and I nipped in and bought them. I was only interested in the board and the muff pedal. The transaction was made outside MV, when I checked the gear out once I got into the studio I felt that I had ripped him off. I contacted Ian to see if he was still interested in the Small stone with the intention of giving the cash to YA.

I have sold a lot of gear over the last 25 years due to falling on hard times. Due to lack of experience, naivety I have been ripped off more than once.

Stephen

my poker chip guitar is being sanded down so ill be kind and they can have the poker chip, i only believe in karma when something bad is about to happen, for instance every time ive tripped over something and my mate has laughed he always ends up on his arse. for once it was not by doing but hopefuly something good comes along