aberdeen-music

Social Network Hall of Shame

Soda Jerk

In fairness, everyone slagged off Stayover, it was just pre-social networks so no-one else was privy to it ;)

Haha very true, i used to get quite an easy ride tho, considering the absolute pish i used to speak about my bands. I certainly thought Poo and Stayover were great bands for what we did at the time, if i didnt, there would be little point in me playing in them. When i listen back i realise what we were actually like, but at the time i thought we were fucking great. Again, if i didnt think that, i would be wasting my time playing in them. I certainly dont think anyone should be sitting in an interview saying, "yeah we're not really that good at all". 

What makes it worse is that it kind of proves their point, some of the comments are very derogatory towards the type of music Oath of Kings play despite said people holding on to some delusion that the scene is diverse and tolerates all sorts. It's the sort of hypocritical bullshit that goes unnoticed through the cliques and back-stabbers.

Of course the whole scene isn't like that by any means and there's some good shit happening around Aberdeen and some people putting a good chunk of effort into what they do. It is devalued by the minority though, which is a shame.

Exactly the point i made to someone else about this. All they have done is actually back up a small throw away comment about how some people are up here. I honestly cannot believe people have gotten this upset over it all. 

I kept reading, waiting for the bit where they slag aberdeen's scene. Nothing really controversial. Well done for driving traffic to their site though.

They sound arrogant but what young band doesn't?

I'll probably still never listen to their music but I hope the exposure turns into a positive. If not in gaining new fans at least to help the lead singer learn to dial down his 'im nae blowin my own trumpet' saviour of music shtick.

It wasnt the singer who was involved in the interview i dont think. Its the rest of the band. But again, why nae blow your own trumpet. 

Haha very true, i used to get quite an easy ride tho, considering the absolute pish i used to speak about my bands. I certainly thought Poo and Stayover were great bands for what we did at the time, if i didnt, there would be little point in me playing in them. When i listen back i realise what we were actually like, but at the time i thought we were fucking great. Again, if i didnt think that, i would be wasting my time playing in them. I certainly dont think anyone should be sitting in an interview saying, "yeah we're not really that good at all".

POO and Stayover were both very good bands, I still listen to POO now. There's not many that can write a pop song as good as Bob. I think it was the image and the age group that Stayover appealed to that turned people off them - not to mention a little touch of the green eyed monster at the size of crowds you managed to pull in. It became a bit fashionable to take the piss out of Stayover. Though let's be honest Bobs always been a bit of a polarising character.

POO and Stayover were both very good bands, I still listen to POO now. There's not many that can write a pop song as good as Bob. I think it was the image and the age group that Stayover appealed to that turned people off them - not to mention a little touch of the green eyed monster at the size of crowds you managed to pull in. It became a bit fashionable to take the piss out of Stayover. Though let's be honest Bobs always been a bit of a polarising character.

They were both shite and I would have definitely started a Facebook group gathering support for this back then if Facebook even existed.

Oh me too, dont get me wrong, i dont think we were pish or anything, just not the level i probably thought we were at when we were still playing. Bob could write a song like no other person i have met, but he obviously can rub people up the wrong way and has done on many occasions. People probably were a bit annoyed we could take 60/70 young kids to a gig, who would then leave to catch the bus home for school when we had finished, but at the time we didnt give a toss. These guys from KOO should be the same, ignore the shite, enjoy the fact you will received extra traffic looking for your band and just tell the rest of the band to be a touch more careful about how they say things in the future.Hopefully this dies down in a few days for their sake. 

Copied/pasted:

"By the way. See the lass in the picture. She is an absolute STANKMONSTER"

"Not kidding. Check the state of her puss. Rotten man. Seen tastier looking dog shites"

Really awful to see that, no need.

The guy plays bass in a band from Glasgow called Vasa. We've played with them before, they came across as nice people, so this is disappointing.

Edited by girl anachronism