aberdeen-music

Social Network Hall of Shame

Soda Jerk

A fellow 'car enthusiast'... 

Who needs a man to top up your oil!? Not me!

Just call me superwoman - feeling wonderful

Congratulations, you managed to unscrew your oil cap and put in the type of oil which is indicated on the cap itself. Genius.

Anyone else fricking hate christmas? click like

(2 hours later)

Merry christmas one n all xXx

I don't have many idiotic posts to shame, but I'm sure I'll find a few in good time.

I like this thread a lot already.

"Grrr some guy in an Audi driving like a total Pr**k right up my arse on the way 2 work this morning! Means am in even less of a hurry 2 get 2 work just 2 spite u!!"

The above statement contains mixed tense, but I'm guessing the miserable cunt was texting whilst driving, thus undermining her own argument about AudiWankers poor driving.

Hopefully, she'll die soon. Slowly and horribly.

My oldest sons girfriend (or should I say g/f?) posts her entire life, thought processes and all, on Facebook. Usually it's thinly-veiled challenges or threats at whomever she thinks has wronged her that day. example, and I quote  - "Sum folk think there smart well av news for u  - ur gonna meat a stiky end...." and so forth.

• Upvote 1

I'm staying SOBER FOR OCTOBER! PLZ SPONSOR ME!

I really want to post banal pictures of bottles of bottom shelf booze to clutter up these fucktards' newsfeeds, partly to undermine their so-called achievement and partly to satirise how fucking tedious they are for 11 months of the year.

Cunts.

xx

Edited by Stroopy121

I really want to post banal pictures of bottles of bottom shelf booze to clutter up these fucktards' newsfeeds, partly to undermine their so-called achievement and partly to satirise how fucking tedious they are for 11 months of the year.

Cunts.

xx

It's a big thing. Some thing is doing a movember type of thing. Do something pretty simple but get your mates to give you money for it. I was going to do it but I never drink anyway. 

Giving up drinking for a month is not an achievement unless you're an alcoholic who is starting recovery. I donate a fuckload of my time and money to charity but I'm not getting behind this shite. I'm especially not looking forward to the updates this weekend.

FIRST WEEKEND SOBER OMGZ LIFE IS SO HARD WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO DO OTHER THAN DRINK AT THE WKNDS LOL.

I'm pre-emptively posting updates that I hate. I think I'm doing this wrong.

xx

Giving up drinking for a month is not an achievement unless you're an alcoholic who is starting recovery. I donate a fuckload of my time and money to charity but I'm not getting behind this shite. I'm especially not looking forward to the updates this weekend.

FIRST WEEKEND SOBER OMGZ LIFE IS SO HARD WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO DO OTHER THAN DRINK AT THE WKNDS LOL.

I'm pre-emptively posting updates that I hate. I think I'm doing this wrong.

xx

This is true. 

Cunts.

xx

Yeah because raising money for Macmillan makes somebody a cunt.

EDIT: Just read your second post about doing stuff for charity, and I'm not undermining anything you may or may not have done but I'm doing it. Not saying it's a big achievement or anything, just saw it as a good incentive to save some money and do something worthwhile for a good cause. I'll also add that I don't post every 2 minutes saying how difficult my life is without a pitcher of woo woo.

Edited by givemeasmile

Read my edit, apologies for not reading further before posting.

I'm not saying that, but different strokes for different folks and all that. This is a scheme being run for a month and social media is a pretty effective way of gaining sponsorship; ie getting a widespread reach in a short period of time. You obviously don't feel the need to post which is fair enough, but if it's going to directly benefit your fundraising I don't see the harm in letting people know about what you're up to.

Nae worries at all.

I do get that its for a good cause and because of FB it can raise money easily, but i know a few of the folk who are doing it, they are the type of cunts who are only doing it so they can post up on FB about being sober and shite like that, most probably dont even know the name of the charity they are suppose to be doing it for. 

McMillan are a bit of a pain of a charity to be involved with and i mean that in the nicest way possible. I was close to cancelling my monthly donation after taking 2 phone calls in a month asking me to increase the amount i give, and each phone call it took more than 4 attempts at me telling them i was not willing to do so. Each time i said no, they reeled off more reasons for me to do so, i only got the woman off the phone the second time when i said if you ask me again im cancelling this donation. I give to 3 charities, each gets the same amount, i should not be made to feel bad for saying no to increasing one of these donations. 

• Upvote 1

My oldest sons girfriend (or should I say g/f?) posts her entire life, thought processes and all, on Facebook. Usually it's thinly-veiled challenges or threats at whomever she thinks has wronged her that day. example, and I quote  - "Sum folk think there smart well av news for u  - ur gonna meat a stiky end...." and so forth.

Are you facebook friends with your son's girlfriend? 

Yeah because raising money for Macmillan makes somebody a cunt.

EDIT: Just read your second post about doing stuff for charity, and I'm not undermining anything you may or may not have done but I'm doing it. Not saying it's a big achievement or anything, just saw it as a good incentive to save some money and do something worthwhile for a good cause. I'll also add that I don't post every 2 minutes saying how difficult my life is without a pitcher of woo woo.

The bold part is the important distinction here. If you want to do something for charity, literally anything at all, then that's a good thing. If I were to have a sponsored fart-marathon, that'd be a good thing because giving money to worthwhile causes is good.

I get annoyed about it for a couple of reasons, the main ones being that people make it out to be some kind of herculean struggle to pass on a white wine spritzer after a tough day on the checkouts and the constant desperation for people to pat them on the back and tell them what a GREAT JOB they're doing.

It's, tragically, often the case that doing something noble, interesting and selfless can so often turn people into insufferable narcissistic fuckrags on facebook.

xx

• Upvote 3

Anything at all, and i mean ANYTHING written on an old-fashioned post card like the one below. Get. To. Fuck.

screen-shot-2013-04-13-at-8-48-19-am.png

I see you and I raise you here.

People posting pictures that are just a plain background, or an unrelated image of a sunrise or some shit, with words on it.

When the fuck did words alone stop being good enough for people? Why this fucking obsession with pictures? Why do fucking people stop and read this shite if it's posted in a picture rather than if it were just a regular old post? Does the fact that someone made a picture of the words give the words more impact? Does it make it seem more credible?! FUCK YOU!

xx

• Upvote 1