aberdeen-music

Social Network Hall of Shame

Soda Jerk

Somebody really needs to start that Facebook atrocities thread.

If you insist.

Post shite and mental nonsense from your Facebook/Twitter/whatever feeds.

I just saw this on mine:

"Well wa guna post sumat n by the time i ad wrked out ow t do it on this new stupid HD Facebook on mi fone i forgot haha cant av been that important i supose........."

Wordsmith.

I recently added a girl I went to school with fully expecting a shit show of badly spelled, semi-coherent and fully banal updates. Was not disapointed.

This week i've had references to not being able to sleep, 3 seperate updates about phone chargers, 2 'selfies' seemingly taken underwater on a potato at night and the customary 'Mondays can go do one!'.

I wouldn't so much call it an atrocity I suppose, just your absolute bog standard facebook user who I will never interact with. I'll probably hide her soon but I really should just defriend. I mean, I can't think of a single thing of mine she would 'like' or comment on, and same for me with her content.

• Upvote 1

"like if you should think i should kill your self as no one seems to care" i liked it

then posting photos of yourself crying now thats attention seeking but no one asked what was wrong (HAHA)

next day uploads 6 happy selfies 2, 2 like for looks and 3 someone mail me bored. i wish you did kill yourself.

"like if you should think i should kill your self as no one seems to care" i liked it

then posting photos of yourself crying now thats attention seeking but no one asked what was wrong (HAHA)

next day uploads 6 happy selfies 2, 2 like for looks and 3 someone mail me bored. i wish you did kill yourself.

This post definitely belongs in this thread. Cos you are fucking insufferable.
  • Upvote 5

I unfriended somebody last night for a searingly witty attack on a couple of "Spanish" guys who were hogging machines at his local gym; about 25 people liked it which I found rather disgusting. I'm not repeating it here, but I went to school in Kemnay so have a feed full gold that I will no doubt re-post here.

Excellent thread.

Can this picture of a soldier hugging his kid get a million likes?

I made a rule a while ago, anyone who posts up any pictures of army folk holding babies with the caption "like if you support the armed forces, ignore if you hate them" gets instantly removed from my friends. Infact anything like that gets the person removed. 

The assumption that inaction when presented with some kind of "moral dilemma" implies that you are in some way a horrible person has been going on a lot longer than Facebook.  If you don't put money in this bucket then you hate kids with cancer or people in a far off land with no water, or some other bullshit when the reality is that I am an occasional charity donor when the whim takes me or the cause engages me who fucking hates having a bucket rattled in my face when I'm trying to enjoy a beer.