aberdeen-music

local mp3s

Guest stuartmaxwell

Guest stuartmaxwell

Guest stuartmaxwell

i love m.a.r.t stuff

data thieves was nae bad

karloff track is pretty diff to their earlier stuff, more guitar in it!twas ok, but i reckon hellhill house etc are better tracks

popcorn fiend was very enjoyable, he is onto a cool vibe there, electro-crash-rock-type, coolio

i love the new politik stuff, no too keen on the dedalus stuff, which is a shame as i really liked their live at the lemon tree cd

just think the drums and bass are poor, whilst the guitars delay sounds out of time and doesnt match, i dont really think it adds up (seconds), i thought the mix was poor

point of origin was poor, perhaps they have improved but i thought, the vocals and the guitar parts were yuk!no ma thing

cedar rose was tuneful enough, but not really my thing, came across a bit limp

i won the turning 13 album so have heard those tracks, pretty good, the mix is poor though, doesnt really pick up what they do live

anyone else got any mp3s?

karloff track is pretty diff to their earlier stuff' date=' more guitar in it!twas ok, but i reckon hellhill house etc are better tracks[/quote']

Thanks for the feedback! It's always good to have a straight honest opinion, good or bad, fan or not.

HellHillHouse and the tracks on "Monsters Ruin" were written before the current Karloff line-up, so the current batch on "Self-Made Monsters" and the way it sounds is really most representative of the current line-up. It's rare to meet many folk who prefered the more psychobilly-esque sounding tracks of old to the new ones, but it's still good to know. Not sure if we'll ever have anything that harks of the same feel as HHH in the future, but I do love that song and I'd love it if we could. I pretty much suck when it comes to writing riffs or songs, but I'm trying to come up with some stuff for the future. I've been listening to a lot of Mad Sin recently courtesy of Mr Ghoulmore's vast psychobilly collection, so hopefully the influence might wear off on me! Thanks again for the comments, but can you tell me whether you prefer the big guitar sound and overall production of this track and the others on "Self-Made Monsters", or the first EP??

Guest Neubeatz
data thieves was nae bad

Cheers for that Stu, I'll take it as a compliment then..lol...:)

I have some new stuff that I'm working away at, little bit at a time, I have a couple of gigs next month to try them out, and hope to post a few tracks before the end of the year(sanity permitting)..... :up: