aberdeen-music

D-Range

loads of need. as in cabs and such.

but leave it. ask the customer whom actually come to practice there instead of asking yous who some may not go. why waste money on a cab for say 1 person and the rest don't mind at all. not being dickish but no need to ask on here for feedback from what you see. he has a cab. ask the people that actually use the space like me once i buy my strat 

but leave it. ask the customer whom actually come to practice there instead of asking yous who some may not go. why waste money on a cab for say 1 person and the rest don't mind at all. not being dickish but no need to ask on here for feedback from what you see. he has a cab. ask the people that actually use the space like me once i buy my strat 

haha. that's not how you get more and new customers though.

ask the people that actually use the space like me once i buy my strat 

But what about a week after buying it, when you've "upgraded it" beyond recognition and need to get a new guitar?

There has been some very valuable points made in this thread, and the availability of guitar cabinets is definitely one of them.

i dont think the gear is that bad since its only for practicing. When we practice we just jam away on 15 watt amps but i jam away on my mates gibson sometimes. It depends what guitar your using through the amp if its cheap shit it will sound shit. 

A poor guitar into a good amp will sound infinitely better than a good guitar into a poor amp. Pretty much always.

Edited by Joda Serk
  • Upvote 1

That's not what they're saying. They're saying, one is more expensive, and less likely to be available. The cheaper option has more rooms and is more likely to be available. Which one do you think people will go for? I know we'd go for the cheaper more available option who has always been good for us in the past.

Couple of people did say they couldn't afford the extra dude. I was just pointing out that they can.

I don't understand why anyone would stay in Aberdeen unless they were directly benefitting from the Oil industry up here because everything from property to practise spaces are a fuckload more expensive than most other cities in the UK!

Full Employment Economy- for the last 30 years.  High tide raises all ships, etc........... so we all benefit.

• Upvote 1

Corned Beef Hash is definitely more-ish. Spend all your money on cornedbeef, leeks and tatties? dafties, my da makes it all the time. 

He also smokes a fuck tonne of weed

Anyway, if these guys sort out footswitches or rentable pedals I'l happily come along.

Edited by Jaaakkkeee

• 2 weeks later...

we went there.  It was clean, shiny and new looking and well thought out. decent environment for working on songs writing or a quieter type band. 

we wouldn't use it for a full out  loud rehearsal.      If you've got a loud drummer  or mr marshall stack man.  then the PA ain't gonna hack it. 

people were cool and friendly tho.  I'd give it a shot if I was in an originals band that isn't about volume

Edited by thomasw88

Checked this place out with a 4 piece band. For me this was a much nicer environment than toms. Don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with toms but it's a bit grubby, a lot of the gear is showing it's age and you have to contend with the noise of others bleeding through the walls. This place is clean, the equipment is good and based on what the lads are saying they're commited to keeping the standard high.

If you've got a loud drummer  or mr marshall stack man.  then the PA ain't gonna hack it.

We didn't have any problems with the PA and we didn't play quiet. Unless you feel the need to play silly loud I don't see there being an issue.

Personally I quite like the prospect of the higher price tag. I like the idea of people paying a little more as they'll be more inclined to keep the place and the equipment in good condition. Maybe we're lucky as we're not students and don't have to worry about cash as much but that's just the way I see it. It was a really nice relaxed place and It's much nicer having sessions all to yourself!

Can't wait to see recording in action! Exciting times ahead! Keep up the good work guys!

Agree with what kev said above and the pa holds up well for vocals. U look at the size and think no but because of the compact size it gives vocals better clarity. The most inportant thing I found tho is that it made everyone seem like they were playing together, it sounds like music. Check it out.

Edited by Steviepearce