aberdeen-music

D-Range

I was going to criticise the hardwood floor but did a quick google first and realised I don't know what the hell I'm talking about. Lot of forums seem to suggest a hard floor surface would be a good thing as long as there's dampening on the ceiling, so fair enough.

It might seem dis-heartening but the fact so many people have jumped on this thread already probably shows how keen people are to see new rooms and local music businesses start up.  Good luck with it! 

Agree with most of the above.  Although it doubtlessly looks an aesthetically pleasing space, I think you definitely have to consider being a little more realistic with price.

Quick question though, your tech spec states:

Live Room Equipment:

Pa system
8 Channel Soundcraft Mixer
4 Channel Compressor
31 band Graphics EQ (minimal feedback)

Drum Kit
x2 Marshall Guitar 100 watt Amps
1 Peavey Bass Amp

with regards to the bass amp, there looks to be an Ashdown cab and head in your cover photograph, is that the bass amp?  The Peavey in that pic looks like a guitar amp and there's only 1 Marshall combo visible. 

If you start to do student discount i could surtenly rack up a few students. Do you know what kind of prices youd be looking at for recording yet? And from your equipment choice id rather take my own but the bass is alright. Take in guitar and bass pedals and you may have happier customers as thats something no other place has. Make a tuck shop like captain toms and youll have even happier customers

Agree with most of the above.  Although it doubtlessly looks an aesthetically pleasing space, I think you definitely have to consider being a little more realistic with price.

Quick question though, your tech spec states:

Live Room Equipment:

Pa system

8 Channel Soundcraft Mixer

4 Channel Compressor

31 band Graphics EQ (minimal feedback)

Drum Kit

x2 Marshall Guitar 100 watt Amps

1 Peavey Bass Amp

with regards to the bass amp, there looks to be an Ashdown cab and head in your cover photograph, is that the bass amp?  The Peavey in that pic looks like a guitar amp and there's only 1 Marshall combo visible. 

1 marshall guitar amp

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=594394613932413&set=a.594394560599085.1073741828.565494333489108&type=3&theater

2nd marshall guitar amp and peavey bass amp.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=594394610599080&set=a.594394560599085.1073741828.565494333489108&type=3&theater

in lofi in glasgow they had wooden floors. but there was carpet or something under the amps and stuff. I can see the lack of carpet there having an effect. especially with the shape of the roof behind the drums as well. although the room is wide open, that might help out.

Well guys I would say give it a chance. Johnny who has opened the studio has done a few shifts with me at music hall and he has worked hard to build this space. It's a young lad starting out. Great benefit for me would be the graphics to get better vocals but also not having some loud metal band next to you and with the circuit's being just for you other musician's won't come through your amp.

5 quid more is nothing to actually be alone in a room that has been made for it with all new equipment which has been correctly set up. I will be giving it a go cos as all things new, you don't really know what it's like until u try it.

Ashdown bass amp has been removed as the tweeter is faulty so only the Peavey bass amp is available but all amps will be upgraded in the near future.

We can offer tea, coffee's and water and are looking in adding fizzy drinks, micro meals and cup a soups etc.

The base rate for recording we are looking at is 20-25 pounds an hour but there will be deals offered for long sessions but those are rough pricings until the control room is closer to being ready.