aberdeen-music

Comedy Vandalism.

Sue Denim..

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved the one about aliens on the roof, similarly in Boyd orr building, glasgow uni, the bottom of the toilet doors are fairly high and someone had written 'beware the top hatted, tapdancing midget' with an arrow. random!

Banksy is ace! i saw some pics of his stuff and its really funny, can only remember a sign saying 'no climbing' and he'd done these little mice climbing onto it. (can't open the link).

And at one point there were 'i love Tanya robinson' all over glasgow. then someone spotted them in newcastle or sommat. it turned out to be a campaign by some mens mag and she was a page 3 girl.

I occasionally laugh at really amazingly bad graffiti...usually grammar mistakes. Like, on a wall outside Peterhead Academy, someone had written "Longaters is gay".

Strangely though, I get pissed off when I see something badly mis-spelled. "Follow the arow <-" springs to mind...

A car park somewhere, as well... there was a big note saying "Hello John. I didn't see you come in." At least, I think it was "John"...

Guest The Reverend Z. Munch

Don't know about comedy vandalism, but i definitely have seen a lot of comedy murder...

Sitcoms like Eyes Down, Shane, My Hero, Time Gentlemen Please, Two Pints Of Lager And A Packet Of Crisps Please, Hardware, Coupling, Baddiel's Syndrome, Game On, Men Behaving Badly, Absolutely Fabulous to name but a few...

And i noticed Neil Morrissey and Martin Clunes both have new sitcoms on TV at the moment...more comedy corpses to add to the fire then cos they'll no doubt be utterly devoid of anything funny at all...

I don't even know why they call them "sitcoms" anymore, they should just label them "snuffcoms" because seeing jokes and gags die horribly and shamefully and so brutally is more horrific than a Iraqi insurgent's "Greatest Slits" prisoner beheading video compilation at the moment.

WHen I worked at sainsburys (shithole) in garthdee, i noticed that every day in the staff toilets you would find a new piece of vandalism, with the previous days vandalism wiped off. And one day i see in the cubicle

"Cleaner Cleaner

Your life is vain

The Shithouse vandal strikes again"

Incidentally the door said "Welcome to Forbes' Wank Palace" (forbes being a certain member of staff no one liked)

Loved the one about aliens on the roof' date=' similarly in Boyd orr building, glasgow uni, the bottom of the toilet doors are fairly high and someone had written 'beware the top hatted, tapdancing midget' with an arrow. random![/quote']

There used to be a similar on in RGU in the ground floor toilets of ST Andrews Street building. It read:

BEWARE OF LIMBO DANCERS!

On the bottom of the door, where there was a gap of about 9" between the door and the floor. Then someome had drawn a limbo dancer coming (bad choice of phrase Flash) under the door.

• 4 months later...

Two bits of comedy vandalism spring to mind for me.

The first is both funny and disturbing, as it was sighted during my earlier years at Tillydrone primary. There was s steps leading up to a set of disused double doors, bearing the slogan 'No one kicks the fuck out of you like the mental crew'.

The second was sighted more recently. I was on a bus, stuck in traffic when I glanced out to the right and noticed a white van, which was absolutely caked in grime and general dirt. Some inspired individual and used their finger to inscribe a slogan into the dirt. It read as follows - 'I wish my girlfriend was half as filthy as this.'

The second was sighted more recently. I was on a bus' date=' stuck in traffic when I glanced out to the right and noticed a white van, which was absolutely caked in grime and general dirt. Some inspired individual and used their finger to inscribe a slogan into the dirt. It read as follows - 'I wish my girlfriend was half as filthy as this.'[/quote']

That sucks. If you see that written on a van write underneath it-

"She's twice as filthy when I fuck her"