aberdeen-music

why do bands from Aberdeen fail ?

maud 'dib

String She Pulled was incredible. The only negative I took away from it was far too many people who haven't been to shows in years talking about how much they "miss" the Aberdeen music scene or how it reminded them of "when there was" a scene here.

It's still here, mate. You just stopped turning up.

String She Pulled was incredible. The only negative I took away from it was far too many people who haven't been to shows in years talking about how much they "miss" the Aberdeen music scene.

It's still there, mate. You just stopped turning up.

Very good point.

I think that people tend to forget that they are not 19 any more and that the music community and themselves have moved on. I do find it odd that it is seen as a dead music scene because it has evolved on from the point that person X's life meant that they couldn't keep an interest in what was happening locally.

• Upvote 1

Soz. i got pissed. I used to like turning 13/interlace. I still do. guid tunes. I watched the live feed and was doing okay till some overconfident cunt with a bandana on turned up. it's my bad- I was vomming- it was like the hey-day of kris a gogo and brian fae fudge. I sez soz. 

I can't explain my reaction to jablonski. he's a warcrime. I like captain tom- but by shitting hell he's nae running 4ad, SST or touch and go. that's just me though. I think his ears are faulty. 

xxxx

Edited by maud 'dib
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

String She Pulled was incredible. The only negative I took away from it was far too many people who haven't been to shows in years talking about how much they "miss" the Aberdeen music scene or how it reminded them of "when there was" a scene here.

I said exactly this 10 minutes ago

• 2 weeks later...

I don't go to gigs as much as I used to. but last year I was lucky to see some cool stuff- mainly bands from out of town. I find it funny that you support the bland ( tom's etc) locally and yer label is bangin'. odd set up. 

I maintain Aberdeen has guid bands- mainly drowned out by the average and dull. been this way a while. I blame the gatekeepers, peer pressure and vested interests. It's aright though. 

I don't go to gigs as much as I used to. but last year I was lucky to see some cool stuff- mainly bands from out of town. I find it funny that you support the bland ( tom's etc) locally and yer label is bangin'. odd set up. 

I maintain Aberdeen has guid bands- mainly drowned out by the average and dull. been this way a while. I blame the gatekeepers, peer pressure and vested interests. It's aright though. 

Newrrgh Wrrrld Oreder

• Upvote 1

Weird, cryptic responses when questioned on their view in this particularly mental thread.

Top debate.

The thread title is pretty self explanatory. 

But I like the use of weird and cryptic. These words are pleasing to me.

Essentially:

I've been here ages, and seen two types of bands- good ones, and shit local pub-rock bands of all genres.

I just find it strange that either of the two categories have made some sort of impact, don't get me wrong wise, I'm a hobby-ist- and it's never been any other way for me, but I just find it strange that nobody really breaks out- like in that bangin' foo fighters track.