aberdeen-music

Bands / artists you have been lucky enough to see live...

KSJ81

Hard to believe nowadays but at one T in the Park you couldn't get into the tent to see Kula Shaker and had to listen outside.

I had the same experience with Ash one year. 

K by Kula Shaker would have been one of the first albums I ever bought. I obviously cared a lot about it as I got it on CD rather than tape which I normally did to help my pocket money go further. 

Of my favourite bands: 

The Boss (x5, x2 with Clarence)

Neil Young 

Fugazi 

Rage Against the Machine 

Eels 

Ben Folds 

Manu Chao 

Nada Surf 

Bad Religion 

The National 

Stiff Little Fingers

Others I'm not too fussed about but not bad for this list: 

The Who (post-Entwhistle)

Brian Wilson 

Them Crooked Vultures (Grohl on drums!)

Maiden (touring some new album I had no interest in which they played in its entirety)

The one that got away: 

I got into Warren Zevon after his death in 2003 so never got the chance to see him. 

Edited by Shaki

I saw The Smashing Pumpkins tour Machina, post Darcy/pre-breakup but I remember being really disappointed when Billy Corgan chose to do a shitty acoustic version of 'Today' because I was 15 (or 16?) and 'Siamese Dreams' was my favourite album ever at that point.

Seeing Deftones at the Barrowlands was a highlight. Having to be dragged out from the front by bouncers after getting squished and my nose about broken wasn't, but when you are about head-height with the barrier...

Saw Patti Smith last year and that was ace. 

Best for me was managing to see Sleater-Kinney in the Oran Mor in 2006 right before the 'hiatus'.