aberdeen-music

"customised" acoustic for sale

Moon Moon

Might have been because its wales to be honest my mum done music say 30 years ago and she done recorder and keyboard i believe. Right now im under the new ciriculum wich is utter balls but easier to get good grades. Im sitting the equavilent to credit level music. Rules are now for performing.

1. Your 2 instruments HAVE to be both played with in 8 minutes. But it doesnt have to be 4 mins each it can be 6 mins on guitar and 2 mins on the other but each of them have to be over 2 minutes.

2. Your peice HAS to be grade 3 or above

3. You CANT use tab. sheet music only plus it has to be read properly you cant pretend to read it. Examiners have the right to question your peice. I.e. Ask you to play surten parts or ask you about notation etc

its a lot harder for drummers. Its not you playing a peice for 8 mins. You get graded on how many different styles you play.

Edit: unfortunately i hurt my hand playing rugby earlier so im out of action. The entire 4th and 5th year squad got abdolutely smashed by ONE first year!

Edited by YoungA

Come on cut the kid some slack, we must appear like a right bunch of bullying bastards to newcomers... so his spelling is beyond shit and his taste in guitars and their value is beyond human comprehension, but we were all a bit silly at one time....

G...

yous really do come across as a bunch of arseholes sometimes apart from you of course. Yes im shit at english yes ive made some shit choices which i really do regret
  • Upvote 4

There shouldn't be any piss taking crap in any for sale thread regardless of who posts it up or what they post.   It's belittling, undermining and downright rude.  If you've got a beef with the content of the ad, PM the seller.  If you don't want to buy the boy's guitar then fuck off somewhere else on here where piss taking is at least tolerated.

• Upvote 3

There shouldn't be any piss taking crap in any for sale thread regardless of who posts it up or what they post.   It's belittling, undermining and downright rude.  If you've got a beef with the content of the ad, PM the seller.  If you don't want to buy the boy's guitar then fuck off somewhere else on here where piss taking is at least tolerated.

I think if you make a silly post you've got to expect silliness to follow. Especially since the OP joined in when the smart comments started.

That's fine anywhere else, but that attitude has no validity in the marketplace.

Of course it's valid. People not taking an ad seriously is a really good sign that there's a problem with what's being sold - or how it's being presented.

Joss has been asked so many times to post photos, accurately describe items for sale and tone down the hyperbole. It's not really any wonder that an ad like this gets laughed at.

I'd agree that it's pretty rude to take the piss - but there aren't any easy lessons in public. Better to learn and post sensible ads in future than keep posting nonsense and blame other people for reacting badly.

I'm with YA and Matt on this one. Save the piss-taking for another thread and let the guy sell his guitar.

Of course it's valid. People not taking an ad seriously is a really good sign that there's a problem with what's being sold - or how it's being presented.

Joss has been asked so many times to post photos, accurately describe items for sale and tone down the hyperbole. It's not really any wonder that an ad like this gets laughed at.

I'd agree that it's pretty rude to take the piss - but there aren't any easy lessons in public. Better to learn and post sensible ads in future than keep posting nonsense and blame other people for reacting badly.

Would be interested to know which parts of the original ad were hyperbolic and nonsensical?

I'm with YA and Matt on this one. Save the piss-taking for another thread and let the guy sell his guitar.

Would be interested to know which parts of the original ad were hyperbolic and nonsensical?

im selling this as i need to take up another instrument for educational reasons and im not playing bass as i hate it. so realistically is a 17 yer old Yamaha fx10 cheap guitar but damn it beats all my other acoustics. just the others are too sentimental. as you all should know the old Yamaha were brilliant guitar good build quality.

Bolded for you. 

I'm not slating the kid, I gave him some parts for a build he was trying to complete and he seems nice in person - just saying that he's bad at writing ads and it's been suggested to him a lot that he puts a bit more effort into doing a better job of advertsing what he's got for sale, in all of his incarnations on Abz Music.

Whats wrong with that tho? I cant be done with his postings, but all he has said is he hates playing bass, the acoustic is better than his others, but holds less value to him than they do, and as someone else has confirmed, Yamaha accounts are very good quality guitars.

Its kinda becoming like Shutterspeed, when this guy posts an add, we get a 3/4 page thread of folk slagging him. 

I'm not slating the kid, I gave him some parts for a build he was trying to complete and he seems nice in person - just saying that he's bad at writing ads and it's been suggested to him a lot that he puts a bit more effort into doing a better job of advertsing what he's got for sale, in all of his incarnations on Abz Music.

Tell him in private then if you're that bothered about it.  You get to deliver your "lesson" and no-one gets made to look like an idiot.  Job's a good 'un.

Tell him in private then if you're that bothered about it.  You get to deliver your "lesson" and no-one gets made to look like an idiot.  Job's a good 'un.

I'm not at all bothered about it. I only posted a response as to why people would make fun of the ad after you'd charged in telling everyone else to fuck off.

Wasn't your original post a little bit of a "lesson" too? Maybe you should have PM'ed everyone you thought had posted inappropriately if you were that bothered by their comments?