aberdeen-music

Good/bad Experiences with Customer Service.

fatboy

Thats pretty much everywhere and id be surprised if they charged you for more than one. Most places have a bottomless soda policy. if they didnt they wouldn't just bring you out one.

It wasn't just soft drinks. It was any drinks. It happened in 2 or 3 places we went to. They'd spy your empty glasses, bring back a tray of new drinks and take away the empty glasses; rather than taking the empty glasses first and asking "Would you like another?". So towards the end of meals, we wouldn't finish drinks, to stop them from bringing new drinks unannounced.

If bars arent busy theres an unwritten rule of 'buy 2 get one free' where you still tip but you get the 3rd on the house. When a place fills up you dont get it but quiet its in the barman's interest to keep you drinking (seeing as he probably only works for tips). If you think about it, youre less likely to leave after a free pint so you stay for one more.

I left after the free one. And drunkenly tripped on my way out the door. Fucking Americans and their insane measures of whisky!

Edited by Teabags

I've bought a couple of things now from 

http://www.drum-stop.co.uk

and they've been great. Both times I've phoned them with a couple of queries, and they've been super helpful and knowledgeable. Cheapest prices anywhere too, but even if they're not they'll match it.

The stuff got sent by http://www.dpd.co.uk/ and I was able to track it all the way - it left the shop in less than an hour and was with me in 24, they even sent me a text telling me to the hour when it would be delivered, including the driver's name...

Frosty Seal of ApprovalTM

It wasn't just soft drinks. It was any drinks. It happened in 2 or 3 places we went to. They'd spy your empty glasses, bring back a tray of new drinks and take away the empty glasses; rather than taking the empty glasses first and asking "Would you like another?". So towards the end of meals, we wouldn't finish drinks, to stop them from bringing new drinks unannounced.

This has happened to me in the US, in sports bars when they're pretty sure you're gonna stay until the end of the game. I'm a fan of it - even if i'm not planning on having another drink, I will happily have another drink if someone brings me one...........

• 4 months later...

Thought I would bump this with my weekend experience:

I was looking to check if a pedal I'm selling actually still works as I couldn't get it to come on with batteries and my power supplies did not fit (bloody Line 6!!)

So, took it to imported Instruments and although very helpful they didn't have a suitable power supply. They did tell me that yamaha had just bought Line 6 and that they are trying to become an authorised dealer.

Anyway I meandered down to R&B, who I know have taken a bit of stick at times on here, and even though I told them I had no intention of purchasing a power supply, that I only wanted to test the pedal was working they happily gave me 5 minutes of their time to find the right supply and test for me. They also helpfully wrote down the particulars of the power supply and sent me on my way with a cheery goodbye. 

Thumbs up for R&B. 

• Upvote 2

Last year i was experiencing issues with my broadband.. so on the Wednesday i phones TALKTALK and i got put through to someone who insisted on calling me Mr Sutcliffeyyyy with a long dragged out tone on the eyyyyyy.. I explained to her my Broadband kept cutting off and wasn't staying connected for more than like 10 minutes...I went through the usual palava of them testing my line... She informed me they were having technicial difficulties and if it wasn't  fixed by Friday to phone them back....So Friday came and guess what broadband wasn't even connecting... So i phoned them back... They gave me another number to phone which was explained to me as an emergency number....

So come sunday broadband still wasn't working at all so i phoned this "emergency" number. I got put through to the most ignorant lassie i have ever spoken to in my life regarding anything... First off she asked me what the nature of my emergency was. I explained i had zero broadband.. She replied "and you feel this is an emergency why?" I again explained i had zero broadband.. To which she informed me this was an emergency talk talk line for serious emergencies... Now i wasn't being a fud when i asked her what kind of emergencies to which she screamed down the phone, "NOT HAVING FUCKING BROADBAND ON A SUNDAY IS NOT CONSIDERED AN EMERGENCY YOU BELLEND,,GET A FUCKING LIFE" and hung up... This took me aback so i googled the number to make sure i wasn't phoning the fucking emergency services or a hospitals hotline.. I wasn't i was phoning TalkTalks out of hours service..... To this day it still makes me laugh the way she screamed swore and shouted at me... Don't get me wrong i was a bit dumb struck for like a week later asking myself "did that actually happen"..... 

Edited by JaseyBoi
  • Upvote 4

Banquet Records. I've only ever used them three times, and every time, it's been awful. Every time, the record is showing as being in stock on their website. I order and make the payment. Weeks and weeks go by. I ask where my record is, they say "Due any day now, but we don't know when". Repeat until they send me a generic "Sorry, we've cancelled your order as we cannot get the item back in stock", as just happened now, for a record I ordered back in November. Funnily enough, the record in question is still showing as in stock on their website. Fannies.

So, I got it from Amazon. Up the fucking punx.

Banquet Records. I've only ever used them three times, and every time, it's been awful. Every time, the record is showing as being in stock on their website. I order and make the payment. Weeks and weeks go by. I ask where my record is, they say "Due any day now, but we don't know when". Repeat until they send me a generic "Sorry, we've cancelled your order as we cannot get the item back in stock", as just happened now, for a record I ordered back in November. Funnily enough, the record in question is still showing as in stock on their website. Fannies.

I've been waiting since October for the latest Mazzy Star album. I've just emailed them asking what's happening. Shit service, I think I'll be off to Amazon too. They may be corporate cunts who don't pay tax, but at least when they take my money, they in fact send me the goods that I purchased.

I've been waiting since October for the latest Mazzy Star album. I've just emailed them asking what's happening. Shit service, I think I'll be off to Amazon too. They may be corporate cunts who don't pay tax, but at least when they take my money, they in fact send me the goods that I purchased.

I can't remember which group it was (UKHC, UKHC Trade or UK Emo or something) but the guy that runs Banquet was a member of the facebook group. There was a thread of stuff like this and he came on and commented and was pretty sound. Tried to talk to everyone and explained why they're so shit and was very apologetic. But I have always been a bit iffy about ordering from them. Never done it yet, but they always get cool things.

Was his explanation along the lines of "it's because we're shit"?

I can't remember what he said exactly. But a lot of it was because of manufacturers, or trying to get stuff from the states. He seemed to have really slanty shoulders to being with but as he commented more he was more apologetic about how shit they've been to some customers.

I had great experience with paypal. Made a mistake online and googled how to fix it. Everyone commenting on forums online seemed to think PayPal were absolutely shit. I phoned them and it was sorted within a minute.

If Banquet don't have it in stock, don't show it as in stock on the website or allow people to buy it. Problem solved. No angry customers waiting for items they have paid for. Set up automatic email alerts for people to sign up to when things do arrive back in stock. Easy.

The amount of times I buy something online, only to receive an email telling me it's out of stock and I have to wait for it come from the USA or the far east or something is proper shitty. It's either in stock, or it isn't.

No wonder Amazon are destroying the retail world. Their customer service is outrageous. Any minor hiccup and they'll usually just give you your money back. The tax thing isn't really an issue for me personally. If they started paying the right proportion of tax, it would have no effect on me or probably anyone else, other than stuff on amazon would probably be more expensive. I buy loads of stuff from Amazon, and save loads of money because amazon are loads cheaper than anywhere else. Loads. Long live the tax dodgers.

Edited by Joda Serk
  • Upvote 1

If Banquet don't have it in stock, don't show it as in stock on the website or allow people to buy it. Problem solved. No angry customers waiting for items they have paid for. Set up automatic email alerts for people to sign up to when things do arrive back in stock. Easy.

The amount of times I buy something online, only to receive an email telling me it's out of stock and I have to wait for it come from the USA or the far east or something is proper shitty. It's either in stock, or it isn't.

No wonder Amazon are destroying the retail world. Their customer service is outrageous. Any minor hiccup and they'll usually just give you your money back. The tax thing isn't really an issue for me personally. If they started paying the right proportion of tax, it would have no effect on me or probably anyone else, other than stuff on amazon would probably be more expensive. I buy loads of stuff from Amazon, and save loads of money because amazon are loads cheaper than anywhere else. Loads. Long live the tax dodgers.

Made even cheaper when you flubit it :)  That's why we love amazon ;)