aberdeen-music
Flights

A.C.A.B.? (inspired by Black Lake Records)

You can be non-profit and still want to make a quick buck by selling a pandering t-shirt to fund the label.

And again - the Police do not make laws, they enforce them. We get to decide what the laws are - so if you want underage drinking to be legal, then get involved and make a difference.

And get better stories about police oppression - your last two make the bike tale sound like Rodney King.....

I'm not saying that I want it to be legal. The less folk drinking on the streets the better IMO. I'm sure you all saw my castlegate rant. But I still think they overreacted to a wee teenager having some white lightening with his pals.

And that's just mine, and friends run ins. It takes two minutes on the web to see the amount of horrible policing from around the world, and the backslapping cover ups. And the good ones who speak up don't do well.

I remember once someone set the bin at Mastrick shops on fire. So some of my pals buzzed the wee police station door to get help. The fire went out, and the policeman, seeing a group of boys hanging around, accused them, even though they were the ones to get police involved... wot?

And for lack of follow up, I don't know if I've mention, but i witnessed someone being battered to fuck at my old work. police came and took statements, the guy who did it is known to the police. come the day of the trial, i go down, and i see the guy who got battered there as well. they're having trouble finding the court case. turns out it had been 'cancelled' and I never heard from them again. and the guy never got justice for being battered while trying to get a king rib supper.

Doesn't the fact that none of these stories are about being afraid to walk the streets at night or go to an ATM point to the Police having quite a positive impact on society?

Yes there are negative events with the Police. I've had some myself, some my fault and some definitely theirs. And that needs addressed. But for me it's counterbalanced by every other day of my life being pretty safe and secure. And the same can be said for everyone else that's posted in this thread.

Let's all chill the fuck out and feel good about these being the only stories we can tell eh?

Doesn't the fact that none of these stories are about being afraid to walk the streets at night or go to an ATM point to the Police having quite a positive impact on society?

Yes there are negative events with the Police. I've had some myself, some my fault and some definitely theirs. And that needs addressed. But for me it's counterbalanced by every other day of my life being pretty safe and secure. And the same can be said for everyone else that's posted in this thread.

Let's all chill the fuck out and feel good about these being the only stories we can tell eh?

I'm sure you've compared this to all those times you've walked the street at nights or gone to an ATM point when the entire police force had the day off. Which were TOTAL BEDLAM!!!

Most people do not commit crimes against others not because there's police about. Most people do not commit crime against others because they're not criminals.

Trust me, I'm a police officer.

Edited by Teabags
  • Upvote 2

I'm sure you've compared this to all those times you've walked the street at nights or gone to an ATM point when the entire police force had the day off. Which were TOTAL BEDLAM!!!

Most people do not commit crimes against others not because there's police about. Most people do not commit crime against others because they're not criminals.

Trust me, I'm a police officer.

Complete nonsense - a quick google will show you stories about rioting and looting in 1st world countries when Police have been on strike or manpower's been stretched because of other situations. London a couple of years ago being quite a notable example. People who would never normally break the law looting and rioting purely because they thought they could get away with it.

I have been in countries without a properly regulated/more corruptible police force - and it's not much fun walking the streets at night, or going to an ATM. I think most people who've travelled would agree with me on that.

Even in Europe - Strolling down Las Ramblas in Barcelona after midnight definitely gives you the feeling of a big old target on your wallet!!

Edited by colb

Even in Europe - Strolling down Las Ramblas in Barcelona after midnight definitely gives you the feeling of a big old target on your wallet!!

Sorry but a bit of extra cash comes in handy at the end of the month.

• Upvote 4

London a couple of years ago being quite a notable example. People who would never normally break the law looting and rioting purely because they thought they could get away with it.

Not those riots dude.

Fair enough. But you can't argue the footage of police brutality in that video is enough to make some people lose all faith in the police force, right?

I could argue again that phrases like "lose all faith" are a massive overstatement since we do live in a society where things like this are an exception rather than the rule - and we are generally pretty safe.

And I could compare and contrast the reaction of the police in this country with other places where protesters take their lives in their hands every time they leave the house.

And I could point out again that the police don't make decisions - they carry out government policy, and while some police like hitting people and abusing their power the real argument is with the government that directs them. And that would be a better target in my opinion than a blanket fuck the police.

I could also point out that there are other employees of the british government that have hurt people and done some pretty brutal things and ask why there aren't Fuck The Army t-shirts. But that we know that those just wouldn't fly in this country and that the cops are an easier target.

But we'll just go round in circles again and that's a waste of everyone's time. Some people think the cops are all bad, some people like to sell things to those people - and that's cool. Some people think that the cops don't go far enough and that people should allowed to own guns and there should be a death penalty, that's not so cool but people are allowed their opinion.

And some of us are in the middle and think there's more to it than that.

Edited by colb
  • Upvote 2

I did say some people...

Me too - about ten pages ago in another thread. And here we are now.

Want to talk about Listener instead?

• Upvote 1

Me too - about ten pages ago in another thread. And here we are now.

Want to talk about Listener instead?

There's already a listener thread, we can take it there!

• Upvote 1

Maybe I should have made t-shirts that said "FUCK A SMALL MINORITY OF POLICEMEN OR WOMEN WHO ASSAULT OR KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE BUT ONLY IN THE UK BECAUSE AMERICAN POLICE ARE LIKE...A DIFFERENT KETTLE OF FISH. ALSO NOT PHIL'S GRANDAD"

Exactly that. I would buy that. next run!