aberdeen-music
Flights

A.C.A.B.? (inspired by Black Lake Records)

I read his anti-social behaviour fine slip that said "begging next to ATMs on Belmont Street". It said that, I saw it myself. It's not a subjective thing, it's a thing that happened that made me feel uneasy. 

Also seeing a number of my friends being battered with no follow-up from SOME POLICE, an experience I'm willing to bet many of other people on here have been through, combined with national and local incidents of SOME POLICE injustice surely mean that there's a reasonable cause for anti-SOME POLICE sentiment and it seems pointless to argue the odds with someone who's printed the shirts anyway.

Alright?

What were those friends doing when they got battered?

Guest E.C

Maybe I should have made t-shirts that said "FUCK A SMALL MINORITY OF POLICEMEN OR WOMEN WHO ASSAULT OR KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE BUT ONLY IN THE UK BECAUSE AMERICAN POLICE ARE LIKE...A DIFFERENT KETTLE OF FISH. ALSO NOT PHIL'S GRANDAD"

Maybe I should have made t-shirts that said "FUCK A SMALL MINORITY OF POLICEMEN OR WOMEN WHO ASSAULT OR KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE BUT ONLY IN THE UK BECAUSE AMERICAN POLICE ARE LIKE...A DIFFERENT KETTLE OF FISH. ALSO NOT PHIL'S GRANDAD"

Maybe you should have been a tiny bit original and made t-shirts that didn't rip off the many many many Fuck the Police t-shirts already out there?

• Upvote 1

Guest E.C

Maybe you should have been a tiny bit original and made t-shirts that didn't rip off the many many many Fuck the Police t-shirts already out there?

It's 2013. Originality is dead, man.

I don't see the merit in this post. What if his Fuck The Police message had more originality? 

I don't have a problem with you having a cliched t-shirt printed up to sell to the minority of people who agree with you.

I do have a problem with your attitude in general though, I always have.

I don't see the merit in this post. What if his Fuck The Police message had more originality?

For me it's further evidence that no one on this thread has any real problem with the Police - the t-shirt is a fashion statement, but instead of admitting that we have three pages of chat and the only direct evidence is a story about someone being pushed because of a bike, cops giving you and your dad the evil eye and you getting some chat after being lifted for a breach of the peace.

Hardly Fuck the Police material is it?

The T-Shirts been made - because people will buy it. So it's a sales ploy. So just fucking say that. Less of the silly stories.

For me it's further evidence that no one on this thread has any real problem with the Police - the t-shirt is a fashion statement, but instead of admitting that we have three pages of chat and the only direct evidence is a story about someone being pushed because of a bike, cops giving you and your dad the evil eye and you getting some chat after being lifted for a breach of the peace.

Hardly Fuck the Police material is it?

The T-Shirts been made - because people will buy it. So it's a sales ploy. So just fucking say that. Less of the silly stories.

You know Black Lake is non-profit, right? I can't see Ewan making these unless he means it.

Oh, also, the police told me they were ready with their batons when they lifted me. If I had opened the flat door with any kind of implement in my hand I would have, as the policeman said, "been battered over the head and laid out cold by the 3 of us". What. I'm pretty sure that can kill a guy. He even went on to tell me how lethal those things can be.

And I've heard plenty of other stories. One of my old workmates was chased for underage drinking in a park. When he got caught they slammed him on the bonnet and gave him the old "aye ye wee cunt" sort of chat. This was a teenager, obviously scared enough to run away for drinking. What's drinking going to get you? A lift home and grounded by your parents? And they treated it like they were catching a thief or something. Anyway, his dad was a lawyer, phoned up the police to get the names and badge numbers (my pal had asked while in the car and been told to shut the fuck up) and the policeman on the phone told him there's no way he's getting that information. Apparently the call was ended with a "it's just a big fucking boys club eh? FUCK OFF" lol.

His dad sounds like a dick.

Your son comes home and says he's been mistreated by Police. You want to sort it out. You get some gaj on the other line not giving out simple information. You get a little riled. He's obviously been in contact with the backslapping cover upping police since he's a lawyer. I don't see what's dickish about that.

I would definitely buy an All Lawyers Are Bastards t-shirt.

You shouldn't blanket statement like that. Some Lawyers Are Bastards right?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Your son comes home and says he's been mistreated by Police. You want to sort it out. You get some gaj on the other line not giving out simple information. You get a little riled. He's obviously been in contact with the backslapping cover upping police since he's a lawyer. I don't see what's dickish about that.

You shouldn't blanket statement like that. Some Lawyers Are Bastards right?

To be honest, I don't believe the lawyer man even said that.  I'm calling bullshit on the whole story just because of that.

To be honest, I don't believe the lawyer man even said that.  I'm calling bullshit on the whole story just because of that.

I believe it. He goes in the north sea in speedos. He aint afraid of nothing, especially not no fanny.

You know Black Lake is non-profit, right? I can't see Ewan making these unless he means it.

Oh, also, the police told me they were ready with their batons when they lifted me. If I had opened the flat door with any kind of implement in my hand I would have, as the policeman said, "been battered over the head and laid out cold by the 3 of us". What. I'm pretty sure that can kill a guy. He even went on to tell me how lethal those things can be.

And I've heard plenty of other stories. One of my old workmates was chased for underage drinking in a park. When he got caught they slammed him on the bonnet and gave him the old "aye ye wee cunt" sort of chat. This was a teenager, obviously scared enough to run away for drinking. What's drinking going to get you? A lift home and grounded by your parents? And they treated it like they were catching a thief or something. Anyway, his dad was a lawyer, phoned up the police to get the names and badge numbers (my pal had asked while in the car and been told to shut the fuck up) and the policeman on the phone told him there's no way he's getting that information. Apparently the call was ended with a "it's just a big fucking boys club eh? FUCK OFF" lol.

You can be non-profit and still want to make a quick buck by selling a pandering t-shirt to fund the label.

And again - the Police do not make laws, they enforce them. We get to decide what the laws are - so if you want underage drinking to be legal, then get involved and make a difference.

And get better stories about police oppression - your last two make the bike tale sound like Rodney King.....

Can you imagine a world without lawyers?

The state bar forbids me from promising you a big cash settlement, but between you and me, I promise you a big cash settlement.

• Upvote 1