aberdeen-music

Halloween At Kef

lava p.

Its that time of year again, time to dig out the costumes, get yourself some eye liner and head down to the best halloween party in town.

expect a couple of new games this year and a couple of novelty surprises

Live music courtesy of My Minds Weapon, Norman's Fetish, Lost, Dedalus and Broken Sunshine

Tickets a mere 4 on sale soon

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so so excited! Halloween!!!! Kicks ass, in my opinion better than Christmas, so I'll be making the most of this brilliant night! Not gonna tell what I'm going as cus I like to surprise...don't expect anything too big cus it's just the same thing I go as every year, I'll try to make it a little different though...ooh, I'm so excited! Wow...only 6 weeks and 3 days...fucking right! I've been counting since 8 weeks and 3 days... :dunce:

My Minds Weapon = Not Novelty?

Norman's Fetish = Not Novelty?

Lost = Not Novelty?

Dedalus = Kinda Novelty, going by last year

Broken Sunshine = Not Novelty?

I would have put Halloween down as a kinda novelty gig, where a promoter would have booked some 'different' bands with crazy antics that could put on a memorable show (not just provide good music). Out of the five bands there i would have *thought* that four of them wouldn't have been bands i'd chose for such a themed and eventful night. I don't know what any of the bands have planned so i could be wrong, but it'd be nice to see a bit of variety in KEF as opposed to the same local bands over and over....

yeah i agree. and.. broken sunshine? a bit too "happy" sounding for halloween maybe? :rolleyes:

i think we should get black atom on again!

but' date=' dedalus, good choice.[/quote']

We were all MEGA disappointed we didn't make the bill this year, but I'm sure it'll still be a fun night! Interested in checking out some of these bands though, and where better than Kef at Halloween?!

My Minds Weapon = Not Novelty?

Norman's Fetish = Not Novelty?

Lost = Not Novelty?

Dedalus = Kinda Novelty' date=' going by last year

Broken Sunshine = Not Novelty?

I would have put Halloween down as a kinda novelty gig, where a promoter would have booked some 'different' bands with crazy antics that could put on a memorable show (not just provide good music). Out of the five bands there i would have *thought* that four of them wouldn't have been bands i'd chose for such a themed and eventful night. I don't know what any of the bands have planned so i could be wrong, but it'd be nice to see a bit of variety in KEF as opposed to the same local bands over and over....[/quote']

Ah well, it's too late to book Onion Terror now.

paul, i'm not sure what you mean by novelty, do you mean that we're a novelty for kef? that we're a novelty band? that we'll play a novelty set? or something else?

please understand i'm really really not having a go, i just don't think you're post is very easy to understand and i don't really know what you're trying to say. maybe i should be having a go or maybe i should be agreeing with you or standing at the sidelines playing devils advocate, i just don't know! help!

paul' date=' i'm not sure what you mean by novelty, do you mean that we're a novelty for kef? that we're a novelty band? that we'll play a novelty set? or something else?[/quote']

Last year you guys played halloween, your sound (as a band) fits the halloween theme pretty well i think, and on top of it you all went the full-hog with costumes/blood and some banter. I'm sure you don't dress up like that every gig? I've seen Deadalus a few other times and i don't recall you dressing up. Basically i'd say of the 5 bands playing, i would only 100% have agreed with deadalus because i know you've already stood up to the challenge of being all 'haloweeny'.... Not that you're a novelty band or a novelty for KEF, just most appropriate (in my mind) for the gig in question.

Last year you guys played halloween' date=' your sound (as a band) fits the halloween theme pretty well i think, and on top of it you all went the full-hog with costumes/blood and some banter. I'm sure you don't dress up like that every gig? I've seen Deadalus a few other times and i don't recall you dressing up. Basically i'd say of the 5 bands playing, i would only 100% have agreed with deadalus because i know you've already stood up to the challenge of being all 'haloweeny'.... Not that you're a novelty band or a novelty for KEF, just most appropriate (in my mind) for the gig in question.[/quote']

cool, thanks for making that clearer. i had a feeling that was what you meant but wasn't qutie sure. we like to make that extra effort for halloween. it's our favourite holiday that should be a holiday but isn't a holdiday.

ta min!

ps, too many a's in those dedalus' there. :)