aberdeen-music

Johnny Truant + Salem + Allergo + My Mind's Weapon

Ross

yo

evacuating heavin - sounded real good , i could see their was a problem with tone but not a guitarist so didnt let it bother me much , do yous not have a bass player for a reason or can you just not get a hold of one. amazing vocals .

allergo - top form. like the new stuff and also the stuff of the ep that i listened to so much. good job i knew the lyrics when matt threw the mic at me a few times. that was pretty awesome

my minds weapon - didnt really pay much attention to say the truth as i was tryin to chill out a little and have a few drinks but sounded really cool on the fast bits, wasnt too keen on the vocals althought the guitarist vocals were good

johnny truant - what the fuck can i say. just as amazing as always, fucking love that song , sumthin about a dirty vampire feeding frenzy or sumthin. and the bloodening is cool. was dissappointed to see seven days cut short but still made my day, the intro to that was brilliant and also primotologist. cant wait til dec the bled jt and alex.

note - hahahaha "fashioncore" shut up man, you just scared to join the pit yourself. the hardcore kids who wouldnt last a second in a sick of it all pit. so why didnt you come down and show us how its done instead standing watching from a distance moaning about how you wanted to go down and do some hardcore dancing to johnny truant or sumthin like that, (overheard conversation)

did notice everyone had the same haircut thought, although i didnt but so fucking what.

vegetarianhippycore

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it how the 'hardcore' kids refused to watch MMW' date=' even though we're not that less heavy than the other bands. I love even more how some people at the gig who used to really like us a few months ago, now refuse to even acknowledge we play at all, even though we're heavier than we used to be.[/quote']

I don't understand. Do you label yourselves hardcore? Don't you? To target a particular audience limits you in the first place.

For the sake of argument I'll patronisingly label myself a 'hardcore kid'. I watched you guys, from pretty close up. I made a point of it too - so that an acquaintance who has never liked you guys from day one would watch you too and give you a chance.

I do quite like your music, and you're improving visually. I would say that you've yet to find your own niche, but time might change that. In general - I quite like MMW. And others evidently do too - I saw a number of nodding heads down front, my own included. Oh, and the non- believer. :up:

That's my honest opinion.

I've seen you before - and have never really considered you a 'cool' band. I can't imagine I'm the only 'hardcore kid' who has viewed/ views MMW in this way. Yeah sure, there are fans who'll come and go like socks but you gotta expect that. And just because you're 'heavier' doesn't automatically merit a prize. I could suggest you're changing with the fashion also - which would explain the irritance on your part; that you're pissed because you aren't getting the crowd you're changing for. Am I right? Obviously not, I'd get killed for saying that. :rolleyes:

I guess what I'm saying is don't expect anything of your crowd - if you enjoy what you're doing, what the fuck does it matter? I know a little appreciation goes a long way but you got that at least, take my post as proof. Hard work reaps rewards. (Just stop attacking your audience dude...)

You may try little Perth loon' date=' but you shall fail. Death Metal will out live this pathetic, over rated and most certainly overly reproduced Hard, screamo, math, digeridoo, spazzticwank CORE that seems ever so fashionable these days.[/quote']

I never said there was anything wrong with death-metal as a genre - sorry if you misunderstood and took offence to what i said man- just joshing.

Come'n give me a big sloppy kiss!

:partyboy::up:

yo

note - hahahaha "fashioncore" shut up man' date=' you just scared to join the pit yourself. the hardcore kids who wouldnt last a second in a sick of it all pit. so why didnt you come down and show us how its done

did notice everyone had the same haircut thought, although i didnt but so fucking what.

vegetarianhippycore[/quote']

im not scared to join the pit. i'm often found in a pit...and ive seen the best fuckin pits ever (like in boston, lincolnshire..i shit you not!). and i wasnt slagging everyone in the pit off. It was a minority of people who pissed me off by their mentality that "lets go into a pit and show off how hard we are"...i've seen it time and time again ( i have to say it was good at least this time seeing some girls in the pit though), a macho attitude as if they want to show how hard they. like i said im not against hardcore dancing but some people were being stupid and showing little respect for anyone around them.

you know...you do have a valid point. would like to see some more of these people at hardcore gigs at Drakes though...i personally think Allergos early gigs at Drakes were far superior (I'd go as far as to say the first two times i saw them were two of the best performances ive ever seen) and there has been plenty of amazing hardcore bands playing...it'd be nice for some of the people who obviously enjoy hardcore to show their faces at the small gigs too.

I don't understand. Do you label yourselves hardcore? Don't you? To target a particular audience limits you in the first place.

We try not to label ourselves' date=' but sometimes you have to give people new to your band at least an idea of your sound... Given the oppotunity I wouldn't really call us a hardcore band anyway. Although there are elements of hardcore in our sound... If you asked Ben to label our sound he would say "a modern metal band" more than a hardcore one anyway.

Also, when I origainally said "hardcore kids" I wasn't meaning those who are actually into hardcore, I was meaning the select few that try oh so hard to be cool and hardcore. So I apologise if you feel that I lumped you specifically in with that group as that wasn't intentional.

For the sake of argument I'll patronisingly label myself a 'hardcore kid'. I watched you guys, from pretty close up. I made a point of it too - so that an acquaintance who has never liked you guys from day one would watch you too and give you a chance.

I do quite like your music, and you're improving visually. I would say that you've yet to find your own niche, but time might change that. In general - I quite like MMW. And others evidently do too - I saw a number of nodding heads down front, my own included. Oh, and the non- believer. :up:

I wasn't actually referring to you AT ALL with regards to my initial post, but I appreciate your comments man.

And just because you're 'heavier' doesn't automatically merit a prize. I could suggest you're changing with the fashion also - which would explain the irritance on your part; that you're pissed because you aren't getting the crowd you're changing for. Am I right? Obviously not' date=' I'd get killed for saying that. :rolleyes: [/quote']

We are not "changing" at all. There's a huge difference between progressing and changing, and with each song we are progressing as a band. Remember we've only had this line-up since January! I personally (and I know Ben has too) have been into death or extreme metal (or whatever) since about 1995 and it is not as if we're magically getting into that now and trying to change our sound just cos it's cooler to be heavier. I'm not trying to be all "I'm so cool cos I've been into this longer" etc. but I find it a little insulting that it was suggested that I'm changing to get into a genre that I've been into for about a decade... Our "change" is very natural.

I'm also not pissed at all that we "aren't getting the crowd we're changing for" - I don't care at all who watches us or not. I just dislike the fact that I am positive that people at THAT gig (and that gig only) intentially didn't stand at the front out of spite of the band as people, not as musicians.

I guess what I'm saying is don't expect anything of your crowd - if you enjoy what you're doing' date=' what the fuck does it matter? I know a little appreciation goes a long way but you got that at least, take my post as proof. Hard work reaps rewards. (Just stop attacking your audience dude...)[/quote']

I'm not attacking the audience - I'm attacking the people who intentionally weren't the audience. Hell, I don't mind if someone doesn't want to watch our band. However, I felt that at that show there were people not watching us to make a point.

I also find it pretty shitty that certain people (N.M. as a painfully obvious example) come on here and say stuff about Allergo and Truant without mentioning us AT ALL. We let Evacuating Heaven use our drum kit and guitar cab and we didn't get so much as a thanks in person, never mind a comment on here.

I wouldn't care if N.M. or the rest of evacuating heaven said we were a shit band or whatever... but y'know he borrowed my Marshall cab without asking. He didn't thank me for it afterwards either, and then posts on here about the whole night but failing to mention MMW even exist. (I actually take heart from the fact that people like him didn't mention our performance as I'm sure he'd be the first to say so if he thought we were actually shite)

I'm not bitter and I'm certainly not seeking praise or thanks, I just don't like it when people are fucking rude.

Guest WalkingOnGlass
Next Question - Who'd win in a fight?!

N.M Vs Dan Atom

I'm undecided.

Next Question - Who'd win in a fight?!

Imprinted and a tin opener Vs A Safeway Savers Tin of Beans...

I'd say the beans, it probably has more brains

:)

We try not to label ourselves' date=' but sometimes you have to give people new to your band at least an idea of your sound...[/quote']

Good answer. I wasn't trying to aggravate anyone there - just didn't understand your first post.

Also' date=' when I origainally said "hardcore kids" I wasn't meaning those who are actually into hardcore, I was meaning the select few that try oh so hard to be cool and hardcore. So I apologise if you feel that I lumped you specifically in with that group as that wasn't intentional.[/quote']

I didn't take it personally, s'all good. I do consider myself a 'hardcore kid' but through musical tates, not dress sense or attitude. I kinda felt I had to stand up for those in the same position. Again, just misunderstanding here. I think the next section was the same, misunderstood...

We are not "changing" at all. There's a huge difference between progressing and changing' date=' and with each song we are progressing as a band...

I'm not trying to be all "I'm so cool cos I've been into this longer" etc. but I find it a little insulting that it was suggested that I'm changing to get into a genre that I've been into for about a decade...[/quote']

Wasn't trying to insult anyone either - just, again, I didn't catch your original wording. No offense meant sir. Just being a little cheeky I guess in relation to your words. I apologise.

I'm also not pissed at all that we "aren't getting the crowd we're changing for" - I don't care at all who watches us or not. I just dislike the fact that I am positive that people at THAT gig (and that gig only) intentially didn't stand at the front out of spite of the band as people' date=' not as musicians...

I'm not attacking the audience - I'm attacking the people who intentionally weren't the audience. Hell, I don't mind if someone doesn't want to watch our band. However, I felt that at that show there were people not watching us to make a point.[/quote']

This is where I'd agree with you. Although I'm not particularly involved with the scene, (if you'll let me call it that - some people are picky), I know that shit happens. And I sympathise. I guess it's part and package of being one of the bigger bands around, but it's still shitty. Don't feel shitty about it, just rise above. You oughta take heart from the positive posts around - have you seen them? Not too shabby young sir.

Anyhow, peace.

I have to tacitly agree with Dan here, there's definitley an element of the Aberdeen crowd that goes to gigs simply to make sure that everyone sees how unimpressed they look. Which is why Radio Lucifer have been concentrating on other territories where people come to see the band without pre-concieved notions of what we'll sound like and whether we're 'dicks' or not based on internet personas. Aberdeen is shooting itself in the foot at the moment with the level of criticism leveled at promoters/bands/club owners, you guys never had it so good, yet all you hear is negativity. Quite frankly, if you think you can do it better, be my guest.

This is where I'd agree with you. Although I'm not particularly involved with the scene' date=' (if you'll let me call it that - some people are picky), I know that shit happens. And I sympathise. I guess it's part and package of being one of the bigger bands around, but it's still shitty. Don't feel shitty about it, just rise above. You oughta take heart from the positive posts around - have you seen them? Not too shabby young sir.

Anyhow, peace.[/quote']

Absolutely, there have been some wonderful posts that I really appreciate! I'm also not one to bitch about this sort of thing often at all, but I made an exception on this occassion.

Cheers for responding to my initial post as well, because it allowed me to elaborate on what I actually meant. :)

( i have to say it was good at least this time seeing some girls in the pit though)' date='[/quote']

or down front :):up:

i see what you're getting at though, i'm all for a bit of arm swinging but at the end of the day, if someone socks you in the jaw you can tell if they're into it or 'just being hard' by one thing i reckon -

whether or not they check to see if you're ok later/after said socking.

stu (a songs ruined) bashed into me when i didn't see him and i went flying on the ground, he helped me up, made sure i was okay, and we recommenced.

that's just my two cents.

I also find it pretty shitty that certain people (N.M. as a painfully obvious example) come on here and say stuff about Allergo and Truant without mentioning us AT ALL. We let Evacuating Heaven use our drum kit and guitar cab and we didn't get so much as a thanks in person' date=' never mind a comment on here.

I wouldn't care if N.M. or the rest of evacuating heaven said we were a shit band or whatever... but y'know he borrowed my Marshall cab without asking. He didn't thank me for it afterwards either, and then posts on here about the whole night but failing to mention MMW even exist. (I actually take heart from the fact that people like him didn't mention our performance as I'm sure he'd be the first to say so if he thought we were actually shite)

I'm not bitter and I'm certainly not seeking praise or thanks, I just don't like it when people are fucking rude.[/quote']

Hey man, I didn't actually realise the cab I was using belonged to you, so I must apologise for not thanking you and will take the opertunity to say cheers now.

Also, the reason I did not review MMw was simply because I didn't actually watch you guys and thought it would be unfair to rate a band on a performance I never even watched. The reason why I didn't watch was because I saw you guys play at Broken Oath and simply didn't enjoy your performance due to my personal taste.

Also, I'd like to mention the fact that although I'm not fond of what you guys do, I let Jamesy's comments slide even though I found them very insulting, and quite uncalled for. If the only thing he didn't like was my guitar playing, he could have said that. Saying that I'm clueless and that I should learn how to actually play guitar in my opinion is a bit excessive.

Anyways, Cheers for the usage of your cab.

Neale :up:

I let Jamesy's comments slide even though I found them very insulting' date=' and quite uncalled for. If the only thing he didn't like was my guitar playing, he could have said that. Saying that I'm clueless and that I should learn how to actually play guitar in my opinion is a bit excessive.[/quote']

Agreed, that's a totally stupid thing to say. Calling another guitarist "clueless" is pretty arrogant. You're right, what he should have said is that he didn't enjoy your playing... that's cool, someone doesn't enjoy your playing, who gives a fuck? When someone has the audacity to say that another musician is "clueless" then its blatantly just a personal attack.

That sucks :moody: