aberdeen-music

wanted acoustic pickup

Guest Young Adolesent

Guest Young Adolesent

im in search of an acoustic pickup preferably a sound hole one but one that goes under the bridge would do fine. if not does anyone have one they could lend me for a charity night on the 4th of September?

weird request but maybe a beaten around one to go with my lovely acoustic (the heavily painted one with the poker chip) not looking for anything expensive. i've got a graphic equalizer and a end pin jack installed and painted already.

Edited by Young Adolesent

Guest Young Adolesent

it used to have one before i bought it  but it has been removed so would it need to be an under bridge one? if so any suggestions

p.s is there any chance of having a sound hole pickup instead of a under saddle one. or can it not be done

Edited by Young Adolesent

just buy the whole kit and take the piezo out and fit it under the bridge and plug it into your eq

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Acoustic-5-Band-EQ-Equalizer-Guitar-Preamp-Piezo-Pickup-LCD-Tuner-UK-/151037894396?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item232a8f5efc

cheaper than buying a soundhole pickup and it will give you better results.

Edited by LiamFoyer

Guest Young Adolesent

should plug into your eq unit

ok thanks again

This video should give you an idea on how to go about it.  Don't really see a lot of second hand piezo pickups for sale though.

thanks, and ill just buy the one liam linked me anyway just needing it for a charity night anyway so cheaper the better

Aye, probably safe enough, although when I put a piezo in one of my guitars I had to sand the bottom of the saddle down to compensate for the increase in action. Maybe order a new saddle (should only be a couple quid) so you can restore the guitar to its full poker chipped glory if you're not happy with the result.